PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining for a 5 year old boy

FenwayGirl
09-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Any suggestions for a character breakfast for a 5 year old boy:mickey:

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-23-2011, 03:09 PM
We think Chef Mickey's would be great for him! We love it here! You get to see Mickey, Minnine, Chef Goofy and we even seen Donald on our last trip. And there aren't any Princesses here. When the music starts to play you all wave your napkin in the air and the characters come to dance. They visited our table atleast 4 different times. We get awesome pics here. The food is fun and good. Mickey waffles and a wonderfully fun atmosphere.

We know others will come along and help you out as well! Good luck and have fun!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Janmac
09-23-2011, 03:39 PM
We have enjoyed the characters at Tusker House in AK. Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy in safari getup. We like to go here early, before the park opens. Then we're in good position for Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Is your son a fan of Stitch? He and Lilo and Pluto and Mickey maybe are at Ohana's at the Polynesian. The kids do a parade around the room with some musical instruments. My sister's granddaughter - 4 or 5 - enjoyed this. Lots of bigger kids, boys even, seemed to be having fun with the parade.

Next trip we are going to try the buffet breakfast at Hollywood & Vine at DHS. Jo Jo, Handy Manny and a couple of the Little Einsteins are there, I think. June and Leo, maybe.

The Mad Hatter is at the 1900 Park Fare breakfast. The one time we ate here, the Mad Hatter was a bit too loud and over the top for one of the kids with us. He's the Mad Hatter from the animated version.

Have fun!

Jan

wickedgin
09-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Chef Mickey's immediately came to mind, but Garden Grill could be fun, too. I found Chef Mickey's breakfast to be more spirited, so if he's energetic, that might be the way to go.

DVC2004
09-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Chef Mickey's, Goofy's Beach Bash (I think is the name) at Cape May Cafe/Beach Club, Tusker House Characater Breakfast at AK as someone else mentioned, Crystal Palace at MK (Winnie the Pooh) , and Ohana Character Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the Polynesian.

Chef Mickey's usually gets the top pick as it has a wide variety of characters and is and energetic time. If you like more laid back the Beach Club one is good.

I would have really loved when my boys were little a Toy Story Breakfast. I wish they would do one. It would be fun for boys, girls and adults! Maybe some day.

ElenitaB
09-23-2011, 06:43 PM
The characters at Garden Grill have always spent loads of time at our table, and have even sat down to play with my son's Legos, Pokemon, etc. And he never really had the chance to get antsy because, due to the circular design of the restaurant, you don't see the characters terribly far away from your table. Inb my experience, that has been an issue at some of the larger venues like Chef Mickey's or Cape May where not only did my kid get impatient but we often end up with other (unsupervised) children at our table.

Another favorite is 'Ohana for breakfast with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. Again, it's quieter, you're not getting up for (and juggling) food, and it's not as crowded.

Last but not least, if you want to see the princesses... 5 years old is the time to do it. By the time my kid was 8, he really wanted no part of visiting the castle.

missymouseworld
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I also would say the Garden Grill in Epcot. Chip and Dale always made it really fun for my kids and the adults too. Mickey and Pluto are there also, can't remember if Minnie is there?

GoofyforFun
09-24-2011, 12:34 PM
We have enjoyed the characters at Tusker House in AK. Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy in safari getup.
And as the Majority Says for the fun CM is a good day to start get in to the Magic. We enjoy CM also at Dinner too.

Mickey'sGirl
09-27-2011, 08:31 AM
At that age, my boys enjoyed the 'Ohana Character Breakfast best.

I like it as well, because the all-you-can-eat food is brought to the table! :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
09-27-2011, 09:20 AM
I have two boys and their favorite character meal is breakfast at Ohana's. Everytime we've eaten here Stitch has been a hoot. This place is actually a family favorite of ours, not just my boys.

If you want a more relaxing character meal this is the way to go. When my kids were younger (they are 11 and 9 now) it was easier to do autographs and take pictures at Ohana's since the food is brought out "family style". Buffets, like Chef Mickey's, seemed to feel too rushed, at least for me, the mom. Between helping the kids get their food, getting my food, trying to be at the table for the characters and not wanting to miss pictures I found myself feeling like I just didn't enjoy the meal as much.

disney1122
09-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Chef Mickey's of O'Hana for sure!

FenwayGirl
10-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks for all of the information. Think I am going to try and book Ohana and Garden Grill. For some reason he is adamant that he will meet Chip n Dale