PDA

View Full Version : 7 month ressie

NH Disneyfan
09-22-2011, 08:09 PM
I was just successful getting Wilderness Lodge 1BR for 2012 April vacation (21-28) at the 7-month mark. This past summer I was successful getting Beach Club 1BR for August. I'm 2-for-2 at 7 months. I call right at 9am and so far so good.

Anyone find problems getting rooms right at the 7-month mark?

faline
09-22-2011, 08:27 PM
I've only had a few reservations but have not had issues getting reservations at the 7 month mark. I haven't always gotten my first choice and have gone into is with several options and with a very flexible attitude. I can only hope it continues!

MinnieMommie
09-23-2011, 03:59 AM
The 7 month window has worked for me so far but I agree with Linda that going into the reservation process with flexible dates and a back up plan is the best approach to assure getting reservations at the 7 month window. :mickey:

Mammabruski
09-23-2011, 01:07 PM
We're hoping to score a 1 BR or 2 BR at BLT for June of 2012... crossing our fingers that the 7 month window will be a winner for us too! :mickey:

Bring on the pixie dust!

NewDVCowner
09-23-2011, 01:11 PM
I tried to get a few days at the Grand Californian at the seven month mark. Two of the three were available so I took those and waitlisted for the last day. A week or two later I got the waitlist so have my days - this was the week before Christmas, so I expect it's pretty busy at that time. Really, no problems to speak of.

Aurora
09-23-2011, 06:45 PM
We're hoping to score a 1 BR or 2 BR at BLT for June of 2012... crossing our fingers that the 7 month window will be a winner for us too! :mickey:

Bring on the pixie dust!

We got a 1-bedroom for five nights this year in June at BLT. I called right at the 7-month mark. Hope you're as lucky as we were!

DizNut42
09-23-2011, 07:59 PM
We had a similar experience as NewDVCowner this year - booked Villas at Grand California over Labor Day (Thur - Tue) - they had the first couple of days but not all - booked those and waitlisted the rest - got reservations at Marriott just in case - in about a week and a half, the waitlist came through and we had the entire time.

No problem at all in 2010 for the same Labor day time - got the entire ressie at the 7 month window...

Tried to book the Tree House Villas at the 7 month window (May) for the first week in Dec. No Joy. :shake: Been on the waitlist since and nothing so far. Looks like we will just be at SSR.

So it seems a lot depends on the resort and time of year. Best of luck...

Aurora
09-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Tried to book the Tree House Villas at the 7 month window (May) for the first week in Dec. No Joy. :shake: Been on the waitlist since and nothing so far. Looks like we will just be at SSR.

So it seems a lot depends on the resort and time of year. Best of luck...

From what I hear, the treehouses are one of the hardest categories on property to book, even at 11 months. Only 48 units are available right now for DVC. There are 12 more units, but they are not in the DVC system (they are available for cash).

tjstrike
10-26-2011, 09:30 PM

Bring on the pixie dust!

I just booked a 7 nighter at BLT for May 26th - June 1st. (Good luck to you)

azcavalier
11-29-2011, 01:00 PM
We're going to try to book a Grand Villa at OKW for next December, and since all of the points won't be coming from OKW, we'll have to wait until the 7 month period. I'm afraid that we don't have a prayer of getting it, however.

OOC, how much does it cost to rent the "extra" points you might need straight from Disney?

Mammabruski
11-29-2011, 07:55 PM
We got a 2 BR @ BLT, MK view! Good luck to everyone else... now to plan our ADRs! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-29-2011, 09:40 PM
We are hoping for a 2 bedroom at BLT or BWV at the 7 month mark for oct 2012. We have a treehouse reserved currently. Was able to get that 2 times now. So, while treehouses seem to be elusive for most people, we've always been able to get it so far.

Its that ever elusive BLT MK view....

tinkerbell04
11-30-2011, 10:18 AM
We just booked June 29-July 7 at Vero Beach at the seven month mark. I was concerned since it is 4th of July week, but we had no problems :mickey: Good luck to everyone else!

MILWDIANA
12-07-2011, 12:43 PM
What are our chances of getting a GV at BLT for the end of October??? (7 months out)