PDA

View Full Version : "Dedicated" & "Lockoff"

DCDisney
09-20-2011, 03:10 PM
In various websites that deal with timeshares, two terms are being used that I'd like to know more about. The terms are used when describing certain room features. One is "Dedicated" and the other is "Lockoff". Any clue as to what these mean? Thanks for any thought/info.

PETE FROM NYC
09-20-2011, 03:19 PM
I could be wrong, so don't take this as gospel.
I think this refers to a 2 bedroom villa.
Dedicated means that it is strictly a 2 BR villa.
A lock-off, on the other hand is a one bedroom villa that has a locked door to a studio next door to make it a 2 BR.
Last year, in BLT, we had a 1 BR and had the locked door to the studio next door.

DizNut42
09-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Dedicated means the room is an actual two bedroom accommodation.

Lockoff means that for a two bedroom accommodation, it is a combination of a studio and one bedroom, making it a two bedroom accommodation. There is a door between the two rooms that can be "locked off" to have a separate studio and one BR. Think of a connectiongn room door.

DVC2004
09-20-2011, 03:28 PM
In various websites that deal with timeshares, two terms are being used that I'd like to know more about. The terms are used when describing certain room features. One is "Dedicated" and the other is "Lockoff". Any clue as to what these mean? Thanks for any thought/info.

A lock off is a one bedroom and studio next to each other than can be used separately by locking the connecting door or used together for a 2 bedroom. Most 2 bedrooms at DVC are lock offs because Disney can use them different ways depending on demand.

A dedicated is a 2 BR that had no connecting door but ir built to be only a 2 bedroom. Usually there are 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom because it's not a true studio. We preferred this when travelling as other family members got the beds versus another pull out sofa. There aren't as many of these but you can request it.

Hope this help.s

Mammabruski
09-20-2011, 07:03 PM
To piggyback on all the great explanations, all but one resort will have a pull out couch and a queen bed in the studio that is "locked-off". At OKW, all studios have 2 queen beds, so if you must have two queens in your second bedroom and your only choice is a lock-off, go with OKW. Conversely, if you'd like a sofa/pull out as your second bed you may prefer a lock-off at a different DVC resort. :mickey:

DCDisney
09-20-2011, 08:29 PM
thanks all .... all makes sense, and thanks for the tip about 2 queen beds vs sofa/pull-out.

MinnieMommie
09-23-2011, 05:25 AM
We prefer the dedicated and you can request this. We have a 2 bedroom trip coming up at BLT and when we made the reservation requested the dedicated and they told us we have it. In addition to the 2 beds vs the pull out couch, the dedicated has a nice vanity area out side of the 2nd bedroom's bathroom. When we had a 2 bedroom dedicated at SSR there was this nice large space between the bathroom and bedroom area in the 2nd bedroom. My kids loved this!