PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't get POFQ

JoDisney
09-20-2011, 02:09 PM
For a long weekend in early Nov., I could not get POFQ or even Riverside. I really do not like to get a deluxe in the colder months as it is not worth it if we cannot use the pools. What was available was POP. Do you think POP will do as we are interested in the F&W Festival really? There will only be the two of us. So it won't be a crowded room. OR should I go for Wilderness Lodge? It is a $400 difference. Just curious about your opinions.

Ms. Mode
09-20-2011, 02:52 PM
We were at WL in August and loved it, never once had time for the pool. I would love to stay there in the cooler months too. There is just something so personal/special about the Deluxe Resorts...if you can afford it. :)

BeccaO
09-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Wilderness Lodge is worth it!!! And what a fantastic month to stay there!!! All the fall decorations and the feel of the big lodge with the fire in the fireplace!!! Another plus is that Wilderness Lodge falls into the Deluxe category, but as far as price it is less expensive than the other deluxe resorts!! :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I agree with the other posters...Wilderness Lodge is the perfect resort for the colder months and we always go in December and my son swims...the pools are heated.

RedSoxFan
09-20-2011, 03:51 PM
I would go with WL too. My daughter and niece used the pool last December at WL.:mickey:

Madame Leona
09-20-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm a huge fan of Pop and of spending as little money as possible. If you are looking for resort time, I say go with WL. If you are looking for a place to just rest your head, and have a little extra spending money for F&W, go with Pop.

buzznwoodysmom
09-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Keep in mind that early November may still be warm enough for some pool time. We've gone at all different times of the year, and I don't think we've had a single trip when we didn't use the pool at some point in the vacation. That said, if it is on the cool side, WL is the perfect resort to "come home" to in the cool evenings at WDW. We love staying at WL in the cooler months because there is something so warm and inviting about that lobby when its cold or raining outside. I think its well worth the extra money!

Aurora
09-20-2011, 06:07 PM
They also have the hot tub at WL, so even if it's a bit cooler you still have that option.

JoDisney
09-21-2011, 10:37 AM
I went with the WL and I got the last courtyard view with the queen beds and the FL resident discount. Thank you for your opinions.

Mousemates
09-21-2011, 11:34 AM
great choice...bet you love it....especially going at the time of year when you will be there and it will cool down just enough at night for the ambiance of the WL to really take over. Its a fantastic resort.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-23-2011, 02:53 PM
My sympathies, it would break my heart not to be able to go "home" to FQ! I probably wouldn't go . . . :D

I don't know if it is an issue for you or not, but the Values don't have hot tubs ( as another poster noted, I think).

I was not aware of that when we stayed there. Will be my one and only value time - I LOVE the hot tub for tired feet at the end of the day! :cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Congratulations! Have fun

tdk316
09-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Forget WL, if you're going deluxe stay at the BC or BW instead! Super easy access to the F&W at Epcot. We stayed at BWV last year during the F&W and it was great to be able to walk back to resort at the end of the night instead of waiting for a bus or monorail.

Don't get me wrong we love WL, it was the first Disney resort we ever stayed at, but you just can't beat the ability to walk (or boat) to Epcot. That being said, it might be sold out... :blush:

JoDisney
09-23-2011, 09:02 PM
BC and BW were never available upon the initial check at the FL discount rate.