PDA

View Full Version : Disney Universe

Melanie
09-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Just saw something about this on Facebook. Anyone know full details? Online game like VMK?

WDWfanatic742
09-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Think more of the LEGO games mixed with a little bit of LittleBigPlanet that you'll be able to play with other people. The multiplayer will only be local, not over the internet however...

Patricia
10-04-2011, 10:38 AM
A fast and furious game based in Disney's Universe.

You can connect locally with up to 4 players. Disney Universe will come with 6 worlds on disk. These worlds (so far) are based on Disney and Pixar movies. I have seen Lion King, Pirates, Monsters, Wall-E (I can already hear the Wally World references in my house of Griswold fans), and Burton's Alice. I'd love to see a theme park thrown in. You also get to suit up in Disney Character costumes. So far, there are 40 costumes (right up to Repunzel) to choose from. Each costume is complete with it's own unique tool that will increase in power as you work through the game levels.

While your in game, the enemies can try and hinder your progress by hiding key items and trapping you.

Disney Universe plans to be expanding it's Universe, post-launch, with items for download and new content available. Additional worlds, costumes, and more will be available for purchase through the internet. It sounds like Disney Interactive will be listening to fan feedback for some of these future releases. So, if enough players are asking for a Brer Rabbit costume they just may be lucky enough to get it. Check out their Facebook page to add your comments.. they are asking for costume ideas today.

Mickey'sGirl
10-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Sorry to be such a dunce, but we don't Facebook. When you say it will be local, does that mean one will go to a site and play it there, or will it be available to purchase? I am sure that my DS7 would be so into this!

The other game we're stoked about is the Disneyland game for XBOX. I am even contemplating XBOXing the boys for Christmas so that we can play it!

WDWfanatic742
10-04-2011, 03:47 PM
You purchase it and up to four people will be able to play through the same XBOX, PS3, Wii, PC, or Mac. Nothing will be online or on a site.

Ian
10-24-2011, 02:34 PM
The other game we're stoked about is the Disneyland game for XBOX. I am even contemplating XBOXing the boys for Christmas so that we can play it!Just to say some potential Christmas frustrations, I'm pretty sure that Disneyland Advenures is actually a Kinect game. You won't be able to play it on just the regular xBox, so you'd have to "Kinect" the boys for Christmas if you wanted to go that route.

Mickey'sGirl
10-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks, Ian.

It is a Kinect game. Santa has already acquired said system with Kinect ... so we should be good to go! :secret:

WDWfanatic742
11-11-2011, 05:26 AM
So going back to Disney Universe, the demo is out for PS3. So I'd assume that it would be on 360 as well. It's not bad actually, plays EXACTLY like the LEGO series with Disney characters and levels (Not that it isn't a bad thing). My personal opinion that it isn't worth the 50 bucks it came out costing a couple weeks ago, however when it comes down lower it will be well worth it...

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-15-2011, 09:52 AM
we downloaded the demo and played it yesterday, Like the reviews say, it is a lot like any of the Lego titles. The Demo only lets you play as Captain Jack Sparrow and play in Port Royal but its a good bit of fun.

Im not sure how entertaining it would be to a serious gamer (whoisnt a huge disney nut like me) but I am sure it will put a smile on gamers 14 and below. I will probably like it because it is a chance to play around with Disney characters but im wierd that way.