PDA

View Full Version : New restaurant in "Mexico"

dking2002
09-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Any reports on the new restaurant at the Mexico pavillion at Epcot? My family are avid San Angel's Inn goers, yet always up for trying something new at the World.

Thanks!

faline
09-19-2011, 05:36 PM
We've only done the quick service lunch at this location. We liked it.

disneymom15
09-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Yes, quick service side is good.

Melanie
09-19-2011, 06:38 PM
We ate at La Hacienda last Thanksgiving and were very pleased. Good food, gorgeous interior decor and great views out onto World Showcase Lagoon.

I enjoy San Angel for the atmosphere, but I think La Hacienda was definitely comparable in food and the atmosphere was different, but still great!

Fangorn
09-20-2011, 12:06 AM
We were there in February and were very impressed with the food, the atmosphere and the staff. The whole package is very up-scale. The food was different from San Angel: a bit more 'interesting' and flavorful. It may one of the few places in the World that hasn't been "dumbed down" by the DDP. The margaritas were extremely good. We had a late ADR (around 8:15) and were seated right at the window and had an exceptional view of Illuminations. When the show starts, they dim the lights, pipe in the soundtrack and the staff pretty much stops all activity until after the show.

We had a really nice experience. Expensive, but definitely worth it.

Steve