PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate Online Work From Home Opportunities?

clausjo
09-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know of any? I work full time, but since our move, my husband has only found part time work. While this works with our children's schedule and saves on after school care costs, it is a bit harder on the bottom line than I'm comfortable with. I would love to do something online, but there are so many scams out there its hard to tell what's legitimate. If anyone has any experience with any opportunites, I would greatly appreciate the information.

BrerGnat
09-19-2011, 05:52 PM
I have not found one that is legitimate yet. I wish there was something out there, because it would be perfect for our situation as well.

I sort of don't understand why more companies don't go this route, and have more employees work out of home when all you need is a computer with internet access anyway.

I would love to work, but right now we are not in a situation where I can work outside the home. It's frustrating.

Disney Hungarian
09-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I would love to work, but right now we are not in a situation where I can work outside the home. It's frustrating.

:ditto:

McLiberal8
09-19-2011, 06:28 PM
I work from home. I didn't find the job through an ad, though, I work for a local company who has consumer affairs agents from home. I would try looking for home agent jobs in the city you live in. I love it, wouldn't trade it for anything!

buzznwoodysmom
09-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Good luck to all of you looking for work from home. I worked in a hosptial for years, and after having kids I wanted to work from home, but found nothing legitimate. My husband has his own business and I was able to work for him at home starting when my youngest was about a year old. Its been great, and even with my children in school now its wonderful to be home for them should they need, or to go on field trips, help out at school, and get homework done by a decent time. Its totally worth the effort, so don't give up, keep looking!! Good luck to you all!

micky95
09-22-2011, 07:22 AM
try yourmagicaljourneys.com.i'm not sure but i think their people work from home and not a central location.i know everything we do with them is online.its a shame that there are so many scams out there.try some local businesses and see if they have anything.my ex worked at a doctors office and would bring home his dictation and she would type it up.hope this helps and good luck !!!:mickey:

Terra
09-24-2011, 05:07 PM
I believe some hotels like the Hampton Inn chain, do a lot of reservations positions in-home.

Also, I believe West at Home [you can google it] is legit, though not a lot of money but same kind of deal and you set your own hours. BUT you do have to have it completely quiet, a land line and internet hook up.

My husband and I completely understand about childcare costs. We barely come out ahead by me working after childcare costs. Though we are both degree holding people, he a BA myself a Master's, the economy and our area is not conducive to a balanced payed wage versus living wage. We make less than $35K combined per year as a family of four. However, I work in the school system and the nice part is that I'm off when my children are and in the summers.

My oldest goes to a special needs school so I don't have to pay daycare for him, but I do for our 3 year old. However next year he'll qualify for VPK and I'll only have to pay before/after VPK cost at his YMCA daycare. So our bill will be cut in half! That will be nice!

Good luck to you! :)

Janmac
09-25-2011, 10:09 AM
I saw a reference to a website, free top jobs, and looked it over. Perhaps it's a good resource. Certainly has a lot of content. Two possibilities - they looked legit anyway - were for homeschool product testing and a couple of different jobs for an RV rental place in Oklahoma.

Jan

Capt_redshirt
09-25-2011, 10:30 AM
The ones that i know are legit are the ones that are checked over by clark howard. [Google: Clark Howard] This page shows all the ones that have been investigated and prooven to be good (some do require money for a background check but thats cause of the nature of the job) Good luck in your search