PDA

View Full Version : Dining Report - Just Back from WDW!

WDW&MK
09-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Thought I would pass on my thoughts on the dining. We were there 9/6 - 9/17 - except for the 15th through the 17th, it was not busy at all. Restaurants- especially at lunch - were at least only half full. Service was very good at all the restaurants.

Plaza Restaurant - very nice as usual.
Le Cellier (lunch) - nice. Spouse likes it more than I do, but food was good.
The Wave - ehhh. Just ok, not really on our list to go back to.
Wispering Canyon (breakfast) - food was good. Because it is just DH and myself we seem to get overlooked for any antics, but we had fun just the same.
Les Chefs (lunch) - Wonderful. Great service, delicious food. Thanks to my fellow intercotees who recommended it.
Biergarten (dinner) - good food as usual, but there ended up being a line for the buffet because only one side was open.
Boma (dinner)- I am becoming disenchanted with Boma. It's on the chopping block for our next visit. Food was good, nothing fantastic except the Zebra domes of course. Kind of out of the way for what you get.
Rose & Crown (lunch) - Very good entrees BUT the no sugar added berry trifle is different and not good at all :ack: Same description on the menu but it is NOT made the same. It now has pureed berries layered inbetween a mushy bread/custard. UGH!! Someone bring back the Bailey's Irish Creme Trifle!!!
Cape May Cafe - Very good!! Crab legs and shrimp were delicious.
Cap'n Jacks - Good
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) - Very good. The no sugar added berry sorbet is delicious. The roast beef sandwich and the colony salad were both very very good!!!
Mama Melrose - delicious!! This is becoming a favorite!!

For anyone wondering about Tortuga Tavern at MK. It was open for lunch daily 11 am to 3pm. Small menu, but restaurant has been nicely redone and has a nice toppings bar.

Casey's Corner re-opened on the 14th or 15th. Appears to be the same selection to me. DH ate there and enjoyed his chili dog.

Kari

Joannelet
09-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the reviews!

Mfarquar
09-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the reviews!

I'm starting to question our reservation for Boma next week... We've never been but I wonder if we should have made alternate plans!

darthmacho
09-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the reviews! Glad you enjoyed most of your selections. I have to know, did you see Remy?

SBETigg
09-19-2011, 09:47 AM
I love berry trifle. I'm kind of a trifle purist and it should be berry, traditionally. Wasn't a fan of the Bailey's version. But I'm not sure of this one now, either. Hm. Thanks for the reviews.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the reviews

jillluvsdisney
09-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the reviews. We are going to Boma and Le Chefs in November. Sorry to hear the bloom is off the rose for you at Boma.

Mickey'sGirl
09-19-2011, 11:30 AM
We still have never made it into Liberty Tree to eat (the dinner menu does not appeal to us). Do they still do a la carte lunches with sandwiches and stuff? HMmm. Maybe we will give it a whirl .

Thanks for the post!

WDW&MK
09-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Darthmacho - No, we did not see Remy. I was disappointed but the lunch was enjoyable anyway.

Mickey's girl - The lunch at LTT is a menu lunch - not family style. I think they have a good selection for lunch. I have no interest in eating there for dinner.

SBETigg - I had the berry trifle last year at R&C and it was delicious which is why I ordered it again. Totally not the same this year. Not sure why they would change it. I'll have to find something else for dessert there.

MinnieMommie
09-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Thank you for the reviews Kari! I tend to agree with your assessments. What meal did u have at The Wave?

WDW&MK
09-20-2011, 06:43 AM
We had lunch at the Wave. I had the grilled veggies and polenta, DH had the Bison burger.

MinnieMommie
09-20-2011, 11:42 PM
2 of my kids had dinner at the Wave a while ago and said they would never go back. We will be at BLT on our next trip so I am considering trying it for breakfast...not too sure though. Will see about that.