PDA

View Full Version : Complaints to Disney?

ImLovinDisney
09-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi all! I just got some very disturbing emails from a group of 12 that I helped go to Disney this past week. I can hardly believe all of the things they are telling me and they really want to let Disney know further than they were able to do while they were there. I wouldn't believe all of the things except for the fact that 2 of them are police officers and 3 of them are military and 1 retired military, and got the same stories from ALL. Very disheartening to hear everything. Needless to say, they are looking for a phone number or an address they can get in touch with someone higher up than a hotel manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

faline
09-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Sorry to hear things did not go well. Complaints can be sent here:

[email protected]

ImLovinDisney
09-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Thank you so much. I was SHOCKED! They were treated horribly, housekeeping let someone in their room ( a friend of the housekeepers) and they were rummaging through their things, they had forgotten the camera and ran back up to get it and found them, they were told it would be reported to security. They were staying at AKV, non DVC people, booked it as a hotel stay, they were refused housekeeping for the first 5 days ( of a 10 day stay) according to the manager "because they didn't have enough points" apparently that argument lasted for several hours, resolution was they were to call everyday to request housekeeping (they did and got it the last 2 days). Then one day one of the party had to rest (going through Chemo) and they put the sign on the door for privacy, housekeeping came in anyway and screamed when they took the covers off the bed. There are many more things that happened in the parks etc.and I could go on and on, but I won't. It was just a nightmare trip for them. I feel so horrible! I have been going to WDW for 30 years and never had trouble like they had this trip. Certainly we have had "bumps" as you would anytime you frequent a place as much, but my goodness! Well :magic: pixie dust that no one else has an experience like theirs!! Thanks again!!

faline
09-18-2011, 06:42 PM
That certainly does sound ugly! I know they weren't DVC members but, even for members, housekeeping doesn't depend on the number of points one has but on the number of nights of the stay. Were they at Kidani Village or Jambo House? On our last visit, we stayed in Jambo house and found that staff there did not have a very good idea of what the rules were around housekeeping during DVC stays. In fact, we when we complained about not getting our cleaning on a scheduled day, the front desk told us we didn't get housekeeping at all because we were DVC. A direct contact with housekeeping straightened things away and we were able to arrange for our missed housekeeping session a day later.

Allowing another person into a guest's room should be a reason for termination.

ImLovinDisney
09-18-2011, 07:04 PM
They were in Kindani. They also weren't able to get into their room on the first night until after 7pm, the CM cited DVC policy on that as well.A far as the room rummaging- The friend and the housekeeper had the room locked with the slide lock so no one could walk in on them and the other house keeper was keeping "watch" in the hallway. They argued with the manager about that incident and got nothing more than it would be reported to security and anything that is missing from their room is not the responsibility of the resort. They called from the room while they still had a visual on the people. It really is awful. I think that DVC resorts need more training when it comes to non-DVC bookings.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-18-2011, 07:49 PM
That's awful:(

disneymom15
09-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow, what an awful experience. Must be something with the housekeeping at AKL. We had less than stellar service there in Dec. When we entered our room after check in, I noticed a broken piece of glass (triangular shaped) on the floor, could have ruined our vacation had someone stepped on it. Then later that night, someone else's luggage was put in our room. One day, only 1 bed made totally & the other half made and no cleaning done the the bath/vanity area.

VWL Mom
09-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Wow, how terrible. It sounds like they were dealing with someone that was clueless.

Not sure what they were cited for DVC check-in policy because they really isn't any other than being after 4P while some of the resorts are after 3P. The housekeeping issue was just dumb, the front desk knows if you are DVC (or rental) or cash, no excuse there.

As far as the people in the room, if they were police and military why did they even bother with the front desk cm, call security!

I hope they get things worked out but I don't think the cm needs non DVC training, I think they need training period.

Disney4us2
09-18-2011, 08:33 PM
I am sorry your friends visit was less than magicial. Hopefully it won't sour a return trip to WDW.

We were at Kidani in August and had no problems with housekeeping. They came on day 4 for cleaning and then again on day 8 for towel service. We were staying on DVC points.

We checked in at 8am abd got our rooms saround 3:30pm. The room was clean & fresh. Staff was friendly and helpful.

The only complaints I had were that there was only sweet tea at the refill station and no counter service like at Jambo house. We had an enjoyable stay at Kidani.

ImLovinDisney
09-18-2011, 09:09 PM
2 of the girlfriends ran up to get the camera, others were on their way to MK. As far a housekeeping, I think it was just lack of training or something as far as DVC goes. Not sure. I just feel bad because I suggested Disney for their family trip. 2 engagements, one fighting cancer, one first visit and a birthday. It was supposed to be a wonderful celebratory trip for them, they did have some magic, but it doesn't seem like enough to cancel out the other things that happened. I'm sure at some point it will not be remembered for all the bad points, but they will find some magic after they have been away from the situation for a while.