PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP on Halloween

KAT1811
09-18-2011, 08:37 AM
How insane is the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom on Halloween? We are extending our vacation by 4 days and that will put us in Disney on Halloween. We will have 3 of our 4 children with us (DD6, DD4, DS 2 1/2, DD 14 1/2 will join us later on due to school commitments). I was thinking about nabbing tickets before I gets sold out but am wondering if it's worth it or will it be insane? We are not planning on doing any parks the first 4 days of our trip but thought the party w may be tons of fun for the kids (we have 14 more days to park hop)

DizneyRox
09-18-2011, 09:46 AM
It's akin to Christmas Day at MK. Not really in terms of crowds, but you're going to the party because it's actually Halloween Day and not really to do any of the rides, etc.

It is historically the first date to sell out for tickets (if they are still available then there's something strange going on).

I've been before and I don't recall them doing anything special on Halloween vs the other nights, but everyone does put a little more effort into the whole Halloween thing.

KAT1811
09-18-2011, 01:19 PM
It is historically the first date to sell out for tickets (if they are still available then there's something strange going on).

They are still available, just checked prior to posting this thread.

Maybe we would be better off going on the 1st? The kids won't care either way nor will they know the difference since we will be in Disney they will be preoccupied. Just wondering if it is especially insane on that particular night.

DizneyRox
09-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Looks like the just eliminated Trick or Treating at DtD and pushing MNSSHP. Something tells me they upped the number of tickets being sold again, so you might be right. It's probably going to be insane!

alaMode
09-18-2011, 11:19 PM
We went last Halloween and I found the crowds to be very manageable. It was sold out, but we did just about everything-rides, parade, fireworks, & trick or treating!
This year Halloween is on a Monday and we just couldn't make it work, so we're going on 10/30.
You're going to have so much fun-enjoy!

buzznwoodysmom
09-19-2011, 10:07 AM
We went last Halloween and I found the crowds to be very manageable. It was sold out, but we did just about everything-rides, parade, fireworks, & trick or treating!
This year Halloween is on a Monday and we just couldn't make it work, so we're going on 10/30.
You're going to have so much fun-enjoy!

:ditto:
We were at MNSSHP last year on Halloween night and we had a fantastic time. We did not feel the parks were too crowded. We were able to do everything we wanted. We watched the parade and fireworks, and rode all the rides we wanted. It was our only day in MK for that trip (short trip) so we really wanted to do the rides. We only did a few Trick or Treat locations before my kids decided they could get candy anytime, and would rather do the rides. My kids aren't really into character meet and greets so that's another thing we did not concentrate on. It seems like most of the people were either trick or treating or meeting characters because the lines for the rides never exceeded 10 minutes. As a matter of fact the only ride I remember waiting that long for was Haunted Mansion, and that was still only about a 10 minute wait. At the end of the night the CMs were giving out hand fulls of candy so in the end my kids still ended up with full bags. The only time the park seemed crowded was during the parade and fireworks, but it was still very manageable and enjoyable. I think you'll have a great time!

lisab
09-20-2011, 09:16 PM
We will be at wdw the last week of Oct this year, and are not sure which:mickey: night would be the least crowded to go to the party? Weds, the 26th or Sun, the 30th? Thanks!:thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
09-20-2011, 09:39 PM
With the kids, I would definitely recommend some down time before heading to MK for the evening. Take a nap, go swimming, something besides a theme park for a couple or three hours beforehand. ;)

buzznwoodysmom
09-20-2011, 09:45 PM
With the kids, I would definitely recommend some down time before heading to MK for the evening. Take a nap, go swimming, something besides a theme park for a couple or three hours beforehand. ;)

Jim, this is great advice. We did not do a park the day of the party. Instead we hung out at the pool, POFQ had some fun games going on at the pool just about all day. Lots of dancing, games, prizes, even Halloween decorated cakes as some of the prizes, lots of fun. We spent some time at DTD, and just had a really laid back day. When we got to the party the kids were well rested and ready for some fun. We made it to the end of the party without being tired at all. Some guests looked exhausted before the party even started!!!! You could tell they had been in a park all day prior to the party.