PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday trip #1

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
09-18-2011, 02:18 AM
Got home a while ago from DLR. Just a quick trip report to those of you interested. Got to M&F and parked on the roof. Rode the tram into the resort. Went into Disneyland first because we wanted to get FP for one of the holiday overlays. SM was 9:30pm to 10:30pm. There was no way we were going to stay that late.

HM was 6:05 to 7:05 so opted for that one. Did a bit of shopping and pin trading. Went over to DCA for a bit for the same. Also took a spin on TSMM. Got about my average 238,000. It was fun in line because no noise coming from Screamin' plus have been passing the time playing hanging with friends on the iPhone.

After our spin on TSMM we talked about dinner plans and went over to DL to ride HMH. First of all it must have been everyone's idea to ride it at dusk. Everyone with a valid FP came out of the woodwork. The FP line went down almost to Splash Mountain. We looked at each other and said "THIS is FP??".

After that initial reaction we waited patiently. The line started moving pretty quickly as we got near the gate. Once in we had a minimal wait.

Got on the attraction and gotta say that I LOVE this year's edition. No spoilers here but have always liked the ballroom scene during the holiday. Now, I think it is my favorite.

There are some changes to the hitchhiking ghost section of the attraction too. Loved those as well. Good job to the cast responsible for this year's excellent additions.

Fun time at the resort overall. Had a chance meeting with Sarah (a blogger from another site). We talked for a bit. Very sweet.

One missed opportunity Disney = same Mickey Ghost popcorn buckets as last year. BAD! If you had made a change or added a year or something, then we would have gotten two more. And the little lamp version of it. Cute but already made that last year with my popcorn bucket.

:smickey:

robnadina
09-19-2011, 03:58 PM
I heard a rumor there was a Jack Skellingtion Coffin popcorn bucket. Maybe it wasnt a bucket.:confused:
Thanks for sharing, I will be there on the 20th for the Halloween Party and am excited for HMH! Especially now that there are a few changes :)

tinkwest
09-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Your report makes me even more excited for my upcoming first NBC Haunted Mansion visit of the year. :jack:

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
09-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Yes.
I've heard of the coffin "buckets".
First of all we looked all over the resort.
Only found the Mickey ghost buckets.
Honestly not going to be getting a Jack coffin.

:smickey: