PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Reservations...input?

KatrinaJ91
09-17-2011, 10:19 PM
We just made reservations for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for the buffet in Germany on Eve and Boma for Christmas Day. I would love to hear opinions for both! We have never been to either.

DizneyRox
09-18-2011, 03:45 AM
That's a lot of food two days in a row... We try not to do two buffets like that so we don't feel like stuffed pigs.

But the food at each is pretty good. Remarkable that you got decent ADRs this close to the holiday too! I'd figure the only places left by now would be Marrakesh or Hollywood and Vine....

Joannelet
09-18-2011, 07:41 AM
I have never been to the restaurant in Germany but have been to Boma for breakfast. Boma is great! Love it there! Will you be having dinner there on Christmas Day or breakfast? Enjoy!

LVT
09-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Wow, they are 2 of our favorites. We go every trip.
Boma has a nice variety with some African influenced foods for adventure (I live in Iowa).
The desserts are scrumptious.
The buffet in Germany is popular with us for the quantities of meats. There are a lot of choices, so I take small amounts and go thru the line again. Picky eaters may have to search and try small amounts in order to please their palates (like me).

We did table service daily and my family did say that was too much food.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Two great choices!!!

Germany is one of our favourites, and we make sure to eat there each trip. The food is good, with a good amount of choice and some great desserts. The show is fun, DH loves the beer and we always have a great time! (DD says that the sausage that tastes like hotdog is the best ;))

We've been to Boma once, and it was, well, interesting. DH LOVED it, all of the different flavours and african spicies. It wasn't too funky, but a little funky for me and DD. As in good Disney fashion there were plainer dishes too, so we didn't got hungry in the least. AKL is so beautiful, so looking around is a great part of any trip to Boma.

Enjoy your Christmas :tree: trip!

Kairi_7378
09-18-2011, 07:43 PM
I agree that two buffets in a row would be too much for me. But you've picked some nice ones! It seems very appropriate that you're spending one of your Christmas meals in the German pavilion, since so many Christmas traditions originate from there. I'd love to visit their pickle tree and nutcrackers so close to Christmas. I think that it's neat that you picked Boma for Christmas day. So many people go for the traditional turkey for a holiday dinner... and our family always tries to do something a bit unusual. Enjoy your trip!

HoosierDisneyFan
09-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Biergarten is very good and good entertainment. If you like beer, the flight of beers is worth trying. My 15 year old picky eater wants to eat there every time we go to WDW.

Never been to Boma but going there for diner next month (because of the good things I have read).

RAIDER
09-23-2011, 03:19 AM
Ive been to both and you will love it .Both are very different in there own right and as DIZENYROX said in an earlier post "thats alot of food in two days " ....Have a great time :thumbsup: