PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Dining

DAWS
09-17-2011, 06:24 PM
If you were going to show off Disney to a bunch of "non-believers" via ONE dinner in Downtown Disney, which one would you choose? I am looking for a high-quality, delicious meal that will let my friends know that Disney does have fine dining.

buzznwoodysmom
09-17-2011, 07:46 PM
I would suggest NOT to bring them to Fulton's. We had friends of my mom's that were staying at a DTD resort for a boating convention at the same time as we were staying at SSR. They always asked why we kept going back to WDW again and again. We decided to meet up with them to have dinner and picked Fulton's for the very reason your asking, to show them a tiny bit of WDW and hopefully to have a wonderful meal. The meal wasn't great and they hated the chaos that is DTD at night. What we should have done was brought them to the Yacht Club for dinner since they have a love of boats. I think the atmosphere would have been better for them to experience than DTD. Plus the food it way better at Yachtmans Steakhouse than Fultons. Good luck finding something great!

mickeyman42
09-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Try the wolfgang puck cafe upstairs dining room. The menu looks fantastic and the restaurant has a very cool, trendy atmosphere, at least to me

ElenitaB
09-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Depends on the friends... would they like the live entertainment and atmosphere at Raglan Road? Great atmosphere for drinks and appetizers? Paradiso 37. Pretty darn good food by an internationally recognzed chef? Wolfgang Puck Cafe. On the foodie side? Wolfgang Puck's Dining Room (the upstairs restaurant).

KatrinaJ91
09-17-2011, 10:20 PM
We love Raglan Road and Bongos....just depends on what you like!

KAT1811
09-17-2011, 10:29 PM
For me it would be Portobello. We love it there! A beautiful night with an outside table, nice bottle of wine. . .

applecore72
09-18-2011, 06:54 AM
To show off Disney I would go for a boat ride to OKW and eat at Olivia's. Maybe not fancy enough, but definately typical Disney for me - a nice boat ride to a wonderful and relaxed resort and a very good meal in great settings :mickey:

DAWS
09-18-2011, 09:35 PM
I sincerely appreciate the responses - please keep them coming. I hadn't thought about taking a boat or bus to somewhere else (we are staying across the street from Downtown Disney, so was trying for easy).... What other dining locations are boat-able from Downtown Disney - that is a really fun idea.

HackLaSalle
09-18-2011, 11:26 PM
I will disagree with an earlier poster and say that Fultons is a great choice. However, nothing at DTD screams that decidedly disney flavor. I agree that going to a resort and eating there may be your best bet. The Boardwalk is an awesome atmosphere and has many different dining options plus sweet night life. Kouzzina would be an excellent choice. Or as someone else suggested the Yachtsmen's steakhouse. If DTD is definitely your choice i'd rank it: Fulton's, upstairs at Wolfgang's then Portobello. I have never eaten at Portobello but have heard rave reviews outside of the disney community on it.

RAIDER
09-21-2011, 03:21 AM
[QUOTE=HackLaSalle;2209214]I will disagree with an earlier poster and say that Fultons is a great choice. QUOTE]

I agree as well with that comment as well ,i know everyone has different opinions and its all about personal choice ...For us Fultons menu and ambiance is second to none .The staff have always been above standard in many cases .The setting on the water is lovely at night ....Its a must for us everytime we go to WDW.

However i believe the whole buzz of DTD will give you and your friends something to enjoy .

Have fun werever you decide to choose

ps Raglan Road is a fun place as well :thumbsup: