PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cartoons in Resort Hotel Room

thads
09-16-2011, 03:02 PM
A few years back we stayed at Port Orlean's Riverside and we had a TV chanel in our room that showed classic Disney Cartoons in a continuous loop cycle. Since then we have stayed at 3 other resorts and none of them had the cartoon cycle channel. Is this something that Disney resorts no longer offer, or is it unique to the Riverside resort? My kids loved it and really missed it the last 3 times. Thanks...

paymerich
09-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Last we stayed at the Yacht Club, they had a tv in the lobby with about 5 or 6 cartoons in a loop. That was late 09. We just stayed at Poly early August ,they had a tv next to bell services playing cartoons but not in room.

mgmnut
09-16-2011, 07:33 PM
A few years back we stayed at Port Orlean's Riverside and we had a TV chanel in our room that showed classic Disney Cartoons in a continuous loop cycle. Since then we have stayed at 3 other resorts and none of them had the cartoon cycle channel. Is this something that Disney resorts no longer offer, or is it unique to the Riverside resort? My kids loved it and really missed it the last 3 times. Thanks...

I recall that cartoon channel from when we stayed at POFQ back in 2006. I didn't see it this last stay at VWL in July, they had a TV in the lobby looping classic cartoons though.

texas211
09-16-2011, 07:56 PM
yeah, i went through each channel numerous times, and didn't find anything that interesting. Only saw the cartoon loop in the lobby.

johnO
09-16-2011, 09:00 PM
I think we've discussed this before. Seems that some resports have it, and some do not. Also, that some used to have it and lost it. Strange.

magicofdisney
09-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Here's the 411 best I can gather. The cartoon channel that shows the continuous loop is 96. Supposedly, if you get a room with a newer, digital television, the TV cannot receive the channel.

Since 2004, I've known of 2 separate, classic cartoons loops shown. Here is a list of shows from my favorite loop. I first saw this loop in 2004. In 2006 (possibly) they changed it up with different cartoons. Within a couple of years, they were back to this offering.

Plutopia
Mickey's Fire Brigade
How to Ride a Horse
Sing Along Songs-
"Heigh Ho"
"Up, Down & Touch the Ground"
"The Dwarf's Yodel Song"
"A Cowboy Needs a Horse"
"The Three Caballeros"
"Theme from Zorro"
"Let's Go Fly a Kite"
"Heigh Ho"

Pluto's Fledgeling
Donald's Camera
Timon & Pumba-Stand by Me
Pluto's Housewarming
Mickey's Trailer
Contrary Condor
Pluto and the Armadillo
Steamboat Willie
How to Play Football
Working for Peanuts

I'm not positive about all these titles, but if you've seen them, you should recognize them. :mickey:

brownie
09-17-2011, 03:15 PM

:welcome:

thads, welcome to INTERCOT!

johnO
09-19-2011, 12:11 AM
nothing like getting back to the room and Alpine Climbersd being on!

Disneywarrior
09-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Very disappointed that the cartoon loop was not playing this past June at ASmv. We always looked forward to watching these classic cartoons on every vacation. However, they all can be found on YouTube and we watch them occasionally.

wmdaddy
09-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Stupid that Disney doesn't give that to the rooms anymore. We used to love watching it at night before bed. I just downloaded all the cartoons, and we watch that on a DVD player we hook up to the TV now.;)