PDA

View Full Version : Tutto Italia closing?

Disnamic Duo
09-16-2011, 02:48 PM
In Info Central I noticed a listing for Tutto Italia being closed for refurb September 8 - April 1, 2012. Is this a confirmed closing? Does anyone know? We have a ressie on Nov 16.

Strmchsr
09-16-2011, 03:12 PM
That should be starting January 8, 2012, not Sept 8. Sorry for the typo. Your November ADR is fine.

MizMissy
09-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Was there a reason given for the closing? I thought this was a new restaurant and very popular? Just seems strange.
Is it maybe closing to expand?

Strmchsr
09-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Was there a reason given for the closing? I thought this was a new restaurant and very popular? Just seems strange.
Is it maybe closing to expand?

I was a little surprised by the lengthy closing, too, but, no, there has been no announcement as to what will be done during this time.

VWL Mom
09-16-2011, 05:59 PM
We like Tutto Italia but it real needs to cleaned up a bit. When they took over in 2007(?) there were original rumors of a total redo but that didn't happen. Three months does seem like a long time, maybe they should hire Gordon Ramsey and his team, they get major renos done in three days. :mickey:

A Big Kid
09-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Grrrrrrrrr. ANOTHER closing during Marathon week. What goes through these peoples' minds? They create an event that lures 10s of thousands of guests. Once you get them on the hook through their reservations, you start announcig refurbs.:mad:

Strmchsr
09-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Grrrrrrrrr. ANOTHER closing during Marathon week. What goes through these peoples' minds? They create an event that lures 10s of thousands of guests. Once you get them on the hook through their reservations, you start announcig refurbs.:mad:

It's not like it's a surprise. Every single year a couple of major rides and at least 1 major restaurant go down during January. It's not like it's a shock and it's never happened before. They do this every year. You just expect it if you book a trip in January. And they're not waiting on you to book to announce refurbs. They look do a needs assessment every fall, decide on budget, and go with the refurbs. Speaking with management, the vast majority of the people who come for Marathon Weekend either come in only for the weekend or they come the week before. Only a much smaller number stay after Marathon Weekend, which is why they wait until AFTER the weekend to start these refurbs.

A Big Kid
09-17-2011, 07:46 PM
It's not like it's a surprise. Every single year a couple of major rides and at least 1 major restaurant go down during January. It's not like it's a shock and it's never happened before. They do this every year. You just expect it if you book a trip in January. And they're not waiting on you to book to announce refurbs. They look do a needs assessment every fall, decide on budget, and go with the refurbs. Speaking with management, the vast majority of the people who come for Marathon Weekend either come in only for the weekend or they come the week before. Only a much smaller number stay after Marathon Weekend, which is why they wait until AFTER the weekend to start these refurbs.

I guess I missed the part of my post where I asked for a condescending reply. I am not the only one who complains about this management decision. Waiting a day or two after the marathon to start refurbing AFTER waiting til the last minute to announce it so the greatest number of people have made plans would go a long way towards spreading the magic.

Disnamic Duo
09-19-2011, 01:08 PM
That should be starting January 8, 2012, not Sept 8. Sorry for the typo. Your November ADR is fine.

Thanks Chris.