PDA

View Full Version : Episode 22 - Technical Difficulties - Please Stand By

John
09-15-2011, 09:30 PM
The INTERCOT Insider Live Episode 22 Technical Difficulties - Please Stand By

The Cast: Gary, Jeff, Michael, Carol, Ian & John

Brought to you by: Magical Journey’s - http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com

The Official Ticket Center - http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC

Mousketeer Roll-call!

Talking the weather because it’s been a slow news week

New role playing game - Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom coming. Leave it to us to talk 17 minutes on something we barely know anything about.

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween / parks decorated for fall

Halloween Horror Nights - Nobody but John has done them

Fantasyland update & timeline

INTERCOT’s 15th Anniversary Celebration - October 2012

INTERCOT’s Best of Refurbs - Jeff says Haunted Mansion, Carol likes Mickey’s Philharmagic, Ian goes with the new Star Tours, Michael blasts off with Space Mountain, Gary talks with Crush at Turtle Talk, John prefers Nemo to the Sea Cabs - with reservations.

Water Skiing in the Seven Seas Lagoon

DVC - why to buy, advantages, is it a good decision?

Disney Consumer Products & the Disney Store fail

Baby elephant Jabali born at Animal Kingdom

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, LOVE! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-22.asp)

Melanie
09-15-2011, 11:03 PM
I can hardly stand listening cause I just want to jump in all the time!

Mickey Mouse Revue - Horrible! HORRIBLE! Thank goodness the Japanese are now being treated to Philharmagic.

Yes, Lightning is now in Lights, Motor, Action.

Water Skiing pyramids - definitely Cypress Gardens comes to mind for me.

I didn't miss you guys! :D

I want to be on the history of INTERCOT show. ;)

AND WE'RE OUT!

Disney Hungarian
09-15-2011, 11:41 PM
This podcast was missing the chemistry that is usually there when Mel is on the show. Bring her back!
Still I thought the DVC discussion to be both informative and confusing. lol
Seriously, I did like the podcast all kidding aside.

John
09-16-2011, 12:22 PM
This podcast was missing the chemistry that is usually there when Mel is on the show. Bring her back!
Still I thought the DVC discussion to be both informative and confusing. lol
Seriously, I did like the podcast all kidding aside.

Eeeevvvrybody Loves Mel.

AgentC
09-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Another great podcast (though I missed Mel too!)

I do feel a little sad remembering the water shows at Cypress Gardens. I loved them when I was a kid. Legoland is going to be cool, but Cypress Gardens was so Florida to me.

Weeki Wache Springs still has daily mermaid shows. It became a state park a couple of years ago when it was in financial trouble.

Thanks for entertaining me during my workday!

Ian
09-16-2011, 06:31 PM
<Jan Brady>Melly, Melly, Melly!!!</Jan Brady>

Melanie
09-16-2011, 07:00 PM
<Jan Brady>Melly, Melly, Melly!!!</Jan Brady>

You 'sound' more like Scarlet O'Hara than Jan Brady. ;)

RedheadWriter
09-17-2011, 07:45 AM
I listened to the podcast twice yesterday. You made my work go by that much faster, so THANK YOU! :mickey:
Question though...is Mel coming back to the podcast?
I am usually a Twitter responder more than here on the boards, but since I wanted to see what people were saying I popped by this morning.
Looking forward to the next one!
Rachel

John
09-17-2011, 08:40 AM
So far - no one on the podcast staff has quit - LOL.

We try to tape on a nite that's convenient to everyone but sometimes folks aren't available. If you go back and look at them all - you'll see the staff rotates a bit.

For a while - we couldn't get Gary and Carol on the same show :confused:

disneymom15
09-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Another great podcast. You mentioned the test track cars and the non working audio and visual on the incar computer. We road TT 4 times on our trip 2 weeks ago, and every car worked perfectly. On past trips it was always hit or miss.

brownie
09-17-2011, 03:19 PM

I still think they're being voiced by Ian.

JPL
09-17-2011, 03:57 PM
I still think they're being voiced by Ian.

You're giving Ian way too much credit :razz:

Ian
09-17-2011, 05:59 PM
You 'sound' more like Scarlet O'Hara than Jan Brady. ;)Okay, Mel, you and I are usually right on the same wavelength but uh ... I don't get this one! :confused:

Melanie
09-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Scarlet called Melanie "Melly" at times, and your post made me think of her whining to Ashley about "Melly, Melly, Melly". lol!

dpamac
09-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Carol and I are the same person.

JPL
09-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Carol and I are the same person.

That is just scary on so many different levels :eek:

diz_girl
09-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Thank you for another enjoyable Podcast. Definitely missed hearing Mel's laugh throughout it.

Thanks for the info about Star Tours. I'm another person who couldn't handle Body Wars - once was enough, so I don't even bother with Star Tours. Since both Ian and Michael also had problems with Body Wars and Ian is fine on the revamped Star Tours, I'm going to give it a try this November.

Thanks also for mentioning Turtle Talk with Crush. I've never stopped to see it, but I'll make sure to bring our DS4 there on our next trip. I'm sure that he'll get a kick out of it.

I distinctly remember seeing Goofy on waterskis too. For some reason, I picture seeing him from River Country.

dpamac
09-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks also for mentioning Turtle Talk with Crush. I've never stopped to see it, but I'll make sure to bring our DS4 there on our next trip. I'm sure that he'll get a kick out of it..

He'll love it. That's the perfect age (I personally also think 38 is the perfect age for it too). Just be prepared to hear "dude" for the rest of the day.

Ian
09-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Scarlet called Melanie "Melly" at times, and your post made me think of her whining to Ashley about "Melly, Melly, Melly". lol!Okay, so I have to admit ... I've never seen Gone With the Wind, so I still don't get it. :blush:

2Epcot
09-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I had a longer commute than normal today, because I included a couple of stops, so I actually got to listen to the entire show on my way to work today. Another great podcast as usual, though I also missed Mel.

I've actually done the Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando several years ago and loved them. I lived 5 minutes from Universal in Hollywood for 8 years, and never went, though I'm planning to finally go this year.

Even though the Cars vehicles were on a raised platform at D23, you could get a decent look inside. I took several photos of them, though I'm not sure the car there was the final version of the cars.

One technical thing, it seems Michale's audio level is always lower than everybody else on the podcasts. I noticed this on more than just this last one. I'm not sure if he's talking lower, or his mic needs to be closer. As I drove into work today, I always found myself wanting to turn the car speakers up every time Michael spoke.

Septbride2002
09-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Started laughing out loud in the middle of work at Ian busting on John for how hard it is to be the podcast leader. :silly::silly::silly:

~Amanda

mickeyman42
09-21-2011, 05:34 PM
I would also have to say that the new star tours was a great refurb since on our last trip we rode it 7 or 8 times, usually getting back in line as soon as we got off the ride. In fact We loved the multiple scenes and combo's so much so that we started to wish that other rides like soarin' would do something similar where they have 12 scenes in total and each time they randomly choose 5 or 6 to show during each flight, kinda keep it fresh.
we we also walking to mexico in the WS one night and heard a kid yell " look! its Duffy the Bear!" words I thought I would never hear, it was hilarious!

Ian
09-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Started laughing out loud in the middle of work at Ian busting on John for how hard it is to be the podcast leader. :silly::silly::silly:

~AmandaWho, the delicate genius? Yeah, he has it soooooooooo tough "keeping the flow going!" :rolleyes:

mariak
09-22-2011, 09:08 AM
So far - no one on the podcast staff has quit - LOL.

We try to tape on a nite that's convenient to everyone but sometimes folks aren't available. If you go back and look at them all - you'll see the staff rotates a bit.

Wasn't there also a period of time that Ian and Gary weren't on at the same time? ...making us wonder if they were one in the same?

I'm bummed to hear that Mel isn't on the latest podcast. My favorite episodes are generally those with "The Crew"....John, Ian, Melanie, and Gary...Fun, fun, fun! Still, DH and I are looking forward to listening to it on the drive to St. Louis tomorrow to catch our flight to WDW!! We're in the middle of the state now so we've kind of gotten into the habbit of plugging into the car stereo and listenting to the podcasts on the way to Kansas City and St. Louis. Our DDs even pull the their iPod earphones out now to listen to you!
.....slow news week or not, we'll take what we can get. :mickey:

Thanks guys!!!!:thumbsup:

Carol
09-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Who, the delicate genius? Yeah, he has it soooooooooo tough "keeping the flow going!" :rolleyes:You (and Gary) did make his work a tad harder this last time. :goof:

John
09-22-2011, 09:45 PM
You (and Gary) did make his work a tad harder this last time. :goof:

Yes, yes he did. You know what? Maybe next show, we let Ian be the host and see how that goes........... :thedolls:

Ian
09-23-2011, 10:47 AM
You (and Gary) did make his work a tad harder this last time. :goof:I'm pretty sure that's in our job descriptions.

Yes, yes he did. You know what? Maybe next show, we let Ian be the host and see how that goes........... :thedolls:You'd never do that, because you fear the coup!

dpamac
09-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Still, DH and I are looking forward to listening to it on the drive to St. Louis tomorrow to catch our flight to WDW!! We're in the middle of the state now so we've kind of gotten into the habbit of plugging into the car stereo and listenting to the podcasts on the way to Kansas City and St. Louis.

Why didn't you stop by? I'm right by Lambert. We could have had homemade Dolewhips and Nescafe.

dpamac
09-23-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that's in our job descriptions.

What did I do? I was very thoughtful and serious all the way through the Avatar discussion.

Melanie
09-23-2011, 02:51 PM
What did I do? I was very thoughtful and serious all the way through the Avatar discussion.

I think they are referring to Ep. 22.