PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Wilderness

Stacey
09-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Never been, always wanted to go. My husband and I are trying to plan a November 2-day trip there. What's the best things to do if you only have 2 days (not including the parks- we are FLA residents and can go virtually anytime).:mickey:

faline
09-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Are you planning to stay at Fort Wilderness or just visit?

At Fort Wilderness, we've enjoyed canoeing the canals; renting bikes at the bike barn and bicycling around the campground; renting boats at the marina for a tour of the Seven Seas Lagoon; or simply sitting on the rocking chairs at Pioneer Hall while people watching.

There are nightly campfires and movies; the horse barn where the horses that work the Magic Kingdom spend their non-work time; the Hoop de Doo Revue is a fun dinner show; romantic carriage rides ara available nightly.

Janmac
09-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Definitely sit on the rocking chairs at Crockett's Tavern. We also had warm drinks - hot chocolate with schnapps - inside on a rainy evening. I'd have to eat supper at Trail's End Kitchen.

Perhaps the foot massagers are still outside the Pioneer Hall area. They are a hoot.

Agree with Linda about the Horse Barn - very interesting place.

Bicycling around the campground is a lot of fun.

If I had 2 days at FW I'd have to walk or take the boat over to WL and browse that resort, especially the shop. Probably have to visit the other MK resorts, now that I think about it. View the fireworks from the Poly dock.

Or if I were only staying at FW, I'd have to be down at the marina area to see the Electric Boat Parade every night I was there.

You could look for the lawn mower tree, too. Before it disappears completely. It's between Pioneer Hall and the Marina.

Jan