PDA

View Full Version : AS Music Family Suite: Need the Nitty Gritty

Disney OB RN
09-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Our family of 5 (kids 17,14, 11) just can't squeeze into one room at POR (our fave!) Alligator Bayou anymore. Who has stayed at an ASM Family suite that can give me details? It's either that or two AS rooms whereever. Unless a PIN code drops out of the sky! :mickey:

lighteningqueen
09-15-2011, 01:07 AM
We LOVED it. There were 5 of us 4 adults and one child at the time age 5. It couldn't be more perfect. 2 baths full ones 2 safes 2 tv's a real couch and chair, ottoman another chair in the bedroom thats comfy that we bring out into the living room when we get there. We rearange the ottoman and put it between the armoire and the corner. It make take a bit of pushing if the armoire is too tight to fit it in and we make the ottoman out and leave it made out for the twin bed there. Then the other chair makes out to a real twin size as well. Couch makes out to full or maybe a Queen cannot remember. It is so nice to come in from the parks and sit on furniture and not the ends of beds to talk about our day. The bedroom has a queen in there a very nice desk that extra chair. The kitchen area is great micro paper plates utensils and glasses everyday. Fridge sink and shelfs to put clothes on if need be we used it that way for the 5 year olds clothes. It just is heaven to have all that. You really will like it or you can go the two rooms if you can get a connecting. They say it doesn't always happen. We have 7 this time going in Jan so we needed two rooms and the others have not stayed at POP before so we are trying that out. But if we could it would be right back at Music in the suites. Close to the front as well. Oh gosh I just saw you have teens. YES you have to go the bathroom and couches and the extra tv will be WELL worth it plus fridge for their snacks when getting in.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Our family of 6 stayed in an AS suite comfortably several years ago. Everyone had plenty of room, no one had to wait on a bathroom and the microwave came in handy for popcorn at snack time.

Madame Leona
09-15-2011, 07:33 AM
I haven't stayed there before but I have priced it out on several trips. If you are like us and budget is an issue, we've always found it less expensive to get connecting rooms at Pop. You lose out on the kitchen area but you do gain real beds for everyone instead of pullouts.

DisneyWFan
09-15-2011, 07:40 AM
We LOVED it. There were 5 of us 4 adults and one child at the time age 5. It couldn't be more perfect. 2 baths full ones 2 safes 2 tv's a real couch and chair, ottoman another chair in the bedroom thats comfy that we bring out into the living room when we get there. We rearange the ottoman and put it between the armoire and the corner. It make take a bit of pushing if the armoire is too tight to fit it in and we make the ottoman out and leave it made out for the twin bed there. Then the other chair makes out to a real twin size as well. Couch makes out to full or maybe a Queen cannot remember. It is so nice to come in from the parks and sit on furniture and not the ends of beds to talk about our day. The bedroom has a queen in there a very nice desk that extra chair. The kitchen area is great micro paper plates utensils and glasses everyday. Fridge sink and shelfs to put clothes on if need be we used it that way for the 5 year olds clothes. It just is heaven to have all that. You really will like it or you can go the two rooms if you can get a connecting. They say it doesn't always happen. We have 7 this time going in Jan so we needed two rooms and the others have not stayed at POP before so we are trying that out. But if we could it would be right back at Music in the suites. Close to the front as well. Oh gosh I just saw you have teens. YES you have to go the bathroom and couches and the extra tv will be WELL worth it plus fridge for their snacks when getting in.

This is correct except the bed in the bedroom is a double/full not a queen we stayed here in 2009 for two weeks (we did connecting rooms in 2008) and there was six of us dd16,ds13,ds12,dd7 my wife and I and we found it comfortable.The biggest advantage to having one room over two connecting is if your on the dining plan you won't have to remember which room has what dining credits on them.

Disney OB RN
09-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Thank you all for your insights. With regard to the dining plan advice, since we are 5 adults, the $$$$ factor for us means we don't do the Dining plan. So all consideration goes for the room/bed situation/amenities......
Thanks from my intercot friends!:thumbsup:

WDWdreamer87
09-15-2011, 10:48 PM
This is correct except the bed in the bedroom is a double/full not a queen

Actually, it is a queen.

If you are wanting a microwave and fridge for your stay, book a suite. If you are ok with just two bathrooms, paying the $10 a day charge on a fridge (if you want one) try for a connecting room.

The suites are very roomy when the extra beds are not open. Lots of space and great for big families. The beds open up to two twins, one full size, and one queen.

Lots of people book the suites and end up not using one of the bathrooms or the kitchen, so if you aren't planning on it, save money and go with connecting rooms.

Also, the suites are closer to the buses, so that's always a plus. They are also closer to the pool, so that means more noise.

mdricks
09-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Did a "party weekend" with a group of guys at asmu suites. Loved em.

I got the queen bed so... my collegues had the various foldouts and were not as enthusastic about the comfort level.

We are doing 2 reg rooms this year as a result. I doubt we will like it as much although they will sleep better.

First one that asks where the coffee or fridge is gets a knuckle sandwitch.

:number1:

WDWdreamer87
09-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Did a "party weekend" with a group of guys at asmu suites. Loved em.

I got the queen bed so... my collegues had the various foldouts and were not as enthusastic about the comfort level.

We are doing 2 reg rooms this year as a result. I doubt we will like it as much although they will sleep better.

First one that asks where the coffee or fridge is gets a knuckle sandwitch.

:number1:

Good point, those beds LOOK uncomfortable, are uncomfortable to make, so they must feel uncomfortable as well.

I'm staying @ Pop in October for F&W as well. See you there! Haha

Disney OB RN
09-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Okay, love the knuckle sandwich line! Thanks for your insights regarding this!:mickey:

mdricks
09-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Good point, those beds LOOK uncomfortable, are uncomfortable to make, so they must feel uncomfortable as well.

I'm staying @ Pop in October for F&W as well. See you there! Haha

The queen bed with the door shut was just fine! :thumbsup: