PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Beach

disney obsessed
09-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi

This is not actually a trip but worthy of a report.

I just got back from walking on the beach. September is my favorite time in Virginia Beach. There are no crowds and it is still warm. I was walking between 81st and 86th street. It was spectacular. The sun was bright off of the ocean. There were gentle waves. The local family pod of dolphins were swimming and jumping just off shore. The sandpipers and gulls were gathering and calling. It really does not get much better at the beach.

NJGIRL
09-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Great tip! Here's another to use at any beach town during the summer.

We did opposite day a few times during our August vacation in Ocean City NJ. During the day we went up to the boardwalk and did the rides. After dinner around 6:00 pm we went to the beach and the boys played football, flew their airplanes and built sand forts. Most of these things are very hard to do during the day when the beach is crowded.

Tink#64
09-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Disney obsessed, sounds like you had a delightful time in VB! I am so looking forward to our trip there next summer! Can you make any recommendations for us? We're planning to spend a few day at VB after a Niagara Falls & NY trip. VB just looks so nice & laid back! Can't wait! Thanks for sharing! I'm just green with envy! :envy: :D

disney obsessed
09-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Tink#64 Ask away. Either here or PM me if you want.