PDA

View Full Version : Help with PowerPoint

azdisneymom
09-13-2011, 09:34 PM
I have been trying to email an PowerPoint presentation that has a video clip added. How on earth to do you this so the audio and video still work for the person receiving the email?

(I know what your thinking - yes I am an admitted computer illiterate.) Any advice?

garymacd
09-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Assuming you are running MS PowerPoint for Windows:

Open your presentation in PowerPoint.

Click the top left MS Office icon (looks like four mishappen, mis-sized and multicoloured boxes in a circle)

Look for "Save As" and hover over it. A number of choices will present themselves to you.

Select "PowerPoint Show"

You will be prompted to give it a name and location. Choose your desktop so you can find it easily and name it whatever you like. Everything embedded should be as you made it.

You could also try saving it as a .pdf file, but I have never used it with embedded video or audio so I don't know if that works.

brownie
09-14-2011, 02:33 PM
If you use Google Docs, that would be another option to share it if you can't get it to work through email.

azdisneymom
09-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Thank you for the help. I have tried saving as a ppsx but I must be doing something wrong. I will try again. If that doesn't work I will try Google docs.