PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp

Mitzie
09-13-2011, 10:41 AM
I know it is an old debate...now that the Halloween parties have started can anyone confirm what time they will let you enter the park with only a party ticket?

BigRedDad
09-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Tonight is the first one, so no one will have an answer until later today (if they are kind enough to post from the party).

09-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Based on the work schedules I'm seeing for wristband shifts, it still should be 4pm.

TiggeRia
09-13-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm going to the party tonight and picked up my tickets at will call a few hours ago...they told me we could get in at four, but I'll be sure to let you know for sure!

09-13-2011, 03:58 PM
I know this will come across as a bit cynical and maybe a bit "mean-spirited" but as a CM that usually participates in the park sweep at 7pm for the parties when I work, it's kind of fun to see all the ways that the day-park guests try to hide out and avoid the sweep, trying to remain in the park for the party.

For those that think it's not possible to get guests out of the park for the party, I can assure you that we can get "almost every" day-park guest out by about 7:45, which is about how long the sweep takes, including those that think they can hide out in the eating areas to avoid it.

Nothing personal, just a part of our job for the parties. A lot of guests get pretty irate when they are asked to leave, when they don't have a wristband, and they don't want to.

Main Street Jim
09-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Yep, I was gonna say, at 4:00pm, you can get in with JUST your party tickets, and not have to use a day on your regular park tickets.

Wristbands are usually given out up around the Hub area.

09-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Wristbands are given out just after you come through the turnstiles, and before you enter the portals.

If you are already in the park you don't have to come back to the turnstiles. We used to do them (at least in 2009) in the Rose Garden (might this year also as some shifts are listed as Rose Garden wristband shifts) but last year we moved from the Rose Garden to the area between the Stitch entrance and the Tomorrowland bridge.

Not sure where they are this year, but one of those 2 places.

jnfr2424
09-14-2011, 07:31 AM
I know this will come across as a bit cynical and maybe a bit "mean-spirited" but as a CM that usually participates in the park sweep at 7pm for the parties when I work, it's kind of fun to see all the ways that the day-park guests try to hide out and avoid the sweep, trying to remain in the park for the party.

For those that think it's not possible to get guests out of the park for the party, I can assure you that we can get "almost every" day-park guest out by about 7:45, which is about how long the sweep takes, including those that think they can hide out in the eating areas to avoid it.

Nothing personal, just a part of our job for the parties. A lot of guests get pretty irate when they are asked to leave, when they don't have a wristband, and they don't want to.

I for one is saying thank you for the job you do. :thumbsup: As a consumer I pay a lot of money for those hard tickets and find it unfair when someone tries to hide out so they can be part of the party.

Mitzie
09-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Thank You everyone for responding. We have 5:30 reservations at the Plaza(never eaten there-very excited) and wanted to make sure we could keep them.