PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP hot chocolate question

Going2HeavenRU
09-12-2011, 07:56 PM
This may seem a silly question, but does the hot chocolate that is handed out at MVMCP come in a refillable mug or just a generic little cup?

Renfairwedding
09-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Paper cups is what I remember.

angua85
09-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Me too (December 2010 MVMCP). The cup was paper as were the hundreds of other cups of chocolate on the trays waiting to be picked up. Now, I didnt check the other stations offering cookies and chocolate, so maybe the cups were different based on where you got the treats.

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Paper cups is what I remember.

Yep...that's how it was last November. :santa:

PopPhan
09-12-2011, 10:06 PM
It's FREE, so you can fully expect paper cups!!! :D

tinksmom02
09-12-2011, 10:30 PM
It's FREE, so you can fully expect paper cups!!! :D

Can you imagine how much MORE Disney would charge for the party if they were giving us refillable cups for "free" hot chocolate? ;) It's a nice idea, environmentally, but realistically? probably not.

Pirate Granny
09-12-2011, 10:49 PM
If I remember correct you can buy a mug at HS with hot chocolate..it lights up, while touring the Osborne lights...but at MVMCP it's paper cups all the way.

lighteningqueen
09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Nothing FREE about that hot chocolate and cookies..You paid for it and in the admission price. I loved the Christmas Party to pieces, But the price in 2007 was about 40.00 each 2008 it was like close to 50.00.. Now its $67.00.. The only thing different is the parade and the drink and cookie. They used to have a stage show in Tomorrowland that was good and worth it as well. 2008 was the last year for that. I love it but its just gotten out of hand price wise. I would rather the price go down and let us pay for the cookies and colored water.. Don't blast me but like I said it was so worth it the first year we went. Now costing us $330.00 for 5 of us.. Not..But to answer your question there are stations in several places you go in and get it. New cup every time.

Stu29573
09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Nothing FREE about that hot chocolate and cookies..You paid for it and in the admission price. I loved the Christmas Party to pieces, But the price in 2007 was about 40.00 each 2008 it was like close to 50.00.. Now its $67.00.. The only thing different is the parade and the drink and cookie. They used to have a stage show in Tomorrowland that was good and worth it as well. 2008 was the last year for that. I love it but its just gotten out of hand price wise. I would rather the price go down and let us pay for the cookies and colored water.. Don't blast me but like I said it was so worth it the first year we went. Now costing us $330.00 for 5 of us.. Not..But to answer your question there are stations in several places you go in and get it. New cup every time.

While I agree on the price thing (especially if you have to buy for five!) your facts are a little off. Having been there less than a year ago I can say that they still have a stage show in Tomorrowland, they have a stage show in front of the castle, they have a party in the Diamond Horseshoe for kids (with Woody, Bullseye, etc), they have "snow" on Main Street, they have special fireworks, they have a special parade (it's pretty much the one you see on the Christmas Day special) they have special character meet and greets, and (as you meantioned) they have tons of cookies and hot chocolate.
Expensive? Yes.
Worth it? We thought so, but there are only two of us!

Going2HeavenRU
09-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. One less souvenir to have to pack :mickey: 59 more days!

TheHD
09-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Just over 52 days for us :mickey:

I love your name as well, God bless!