PDA

View Full Version : Kidcot stations?

BrerGnat
09-12-2011, 07:13 PM
So, are these all basically just a coloring page with Duffy on them now? I think I heard that awhile back. My kids are very into arts and crafts now, but they would be bored silly with coloring a bear.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the "masks" are gone?

Buttercup
09-12-2011, 10:34 PM
It's not a colouring page. It's kind-of a cardboard puppet of Duffy on a wooden stick. The masks have been gone for a couple years now. The cast members will write the kid's name on the back of Duffy in their own language (if different than English obviously!) and stamp the wooden handle with their country's stamp as well.

I never understood why they allow kids to use Sharpie markers at the Kidcot stops though.
Permanent marker + kids = Rainbow hands for the rest of the trip!

Melanie
09-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Yep. All Duffy, all the time.

BrerGnat
09-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Yep. All Duffy, all the time.

:ack:

Ugh, we'll pass. Thanks for the info.

wickedgin
09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Hmmm. I think my children will actually enjoy this change. They thought the masks were a little creepy. They're not fans of Duffy, but they do like teddy bears, so I expect they'll either color a cute teddy bear, or maybe a villainous Duffy. :D

Gator
09-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, it's Duffy. Crazy how that bear hasn't caught on at all. Anyway, the kids always love it. They get to color and bring home a souveneir from Epcot. They like it, and I bet your kids will, too.

BrerGnat
09-16-2011, 05:37 PM
They like it, and I bet your kids will, too.

I don't think so. My kids actually really can't stand Duffy the Disney Bear. I tried to see what they thought of it when we were Disneyland regulars, and the ferocity with which both of them said "NO" when I asked them if they liked him was sort of shocking. They're more into the "Classic" characters...none of this newfangled stuff. ;)

No worries, we'll occupy them with Kim Possible missions. They are TOTALLY into technology. :thumbsup:

Joannelet
09-16-2011, 10:00 PM
I never understood why they allow kids to use Sharpie markers at the Kidcot stops though.

I said the same thing to other parents this year while our little ones were coloring. I was wondering why not washable crayola markers? My son walked around with orange and red markings all over him. I looked at my hubby and said "Geez to the people who run the kidcots have children?!"
Yes it's a duffy bear on a stick. If your children are older I saw some cool books and passports that parents went online and made to work on and take around world showcase instead of doing the duffy on a stick. I would just be creative and make your own thing for them to take around and sign.
My son is only 2 so the Duffy Bear is fine for now...but in future trips as he gets older I plan on making his own things to do.

TheVBs
09-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Since we've done the masks a few times, I was thinking of getting the passport book for our DDs. Although since the bear is something different they might want to color one anyway. Are the paper charms they attached to the masks still the same with Duffy?

KAT1811
09-18-2011, 01:27 PM

No kidding! :funny: What are they thinking? It's such a shame the tables are a mess and the kids are equally messy. If they had washable markers the tables would look better and the kids would too.

My kids enjoy the break at the countries. We do too. It gives us a chance to check out the country (while someone in our party stays with the kids). They couldn't care less what shape you put on the stick as long as they can create something of their own. Crafts are a big hit in our house. I hope they still have the paper charms. They love collecting them.

crltkcagle
09-19-2011, 11:52 AM
My kids enjoyed the change! They colored their Duffy bears and loved it! Of course they are duffy fans and each got their own Duffy this year! DH was not very happy to spend 97 dollars on three teddy bears but it made the kids happy. They have slept with their duffy's every night for the last 6 nights now! (we just got them)

DisneyFr33k
09-19-2011, 01:14 PM
The masks have been gone for a couple years now.

Really! My kids loved those masks when they were little (they are too old for that now, or should I say too "cool").

Why did they take the masks away???:confused:

BrerGnat
09-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Why did they take the masks away???:confused:

Apparently, when Duffy fell off the boat...

Melanie
09-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Crazy how that bear hasn't caught on at all.

Not sure what you mean by this. By all indications, Duffy has been at least a moderate success. But that's a whole other thread...or podcast material. ;)

Yes, with the appearance of Duffy, the masks went by the wayside. Like others though, I think change is good.