PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts about this?

Dyanna
09-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I have been hearing a bunch of chatter about how some future brides have been notified that they can no longer us the wedding pavilion for their event (already booked) since construction will be happening at the Grand Floridian at that area & now are being given other choices for their wedding location. One of these locations happens to be Top of the Roof Lounge at BLT.

Since I happen to be a DVC member I am not to happy that if I choose to go to the roof to view fireworks on an event night I may be turned away from this. What as a member are we to gain from this? The TOTWL is only for DVC members. I can go on & on about what its going to cost us as members (wear & tear etc) for outsiders to utilize our facility etc. Just does not seem fair. I am taking my next trip to BLT for the week of Halloween & my mom is going to be a WDW 1st time visitor (she is handicapped). We have already scheduled a night to go to the roof to watch fireworks from the MK & if we cannot get access Disney will be wearing from me!

SpecJoe Magic
09-12-2011, 08:56 PM
I agree with you. You DVC members seem to constantly be inconvenienced. You are paying a lot of money to be a member and Disney should be bending over backwards to accomodate you, but they do not appear to be doing enough of that. Based on what I have been hearing, DVC members are somtimes penalized for being members, which is ridiculous. We almost joined years ago, but could not afford it. If we are ever able to afford it in the future, I will be very hesitant to do so. You have every right to complain.

tundramom
09-12-2011, 09:30 PM
I just love how Disney makes it's own rules and as DVC'rs we are just so "in love" with Disney we just roll over and take it!:mad: If I had ownership in BLT I'd be throwing a big stink!

dlpmikki
09-13-2011, 04:44 AM
If the weddings are during the day it shouldn't inconvenience members as the lounge is only open in the evenings for them. if they are going to be withdrawing the lounge from members then that is not acceptable.

diz_girl
09-13-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm an owner at BLT too, but I'm not terribly upset about it. It's in the literature that the lounge may not be available to BLT members from time to time. I forget the exact wording, but I knew going in that BLT may be off limits at times and it's not out of the realm of possibly that it could be permanently off limits sometime in the future. Kind of how monorail service is being curtailed now. I'm more miffed about that one. I still think that the resort loop should stay open until 10 or 11 p.m. to accommodate monorail resort guests.

I remember when we stayed at the CR in the 70's and 80's, we would watch fireworks from the top of the CR. Can you still even do that now, or is it only available for Cali Grille guests?

BrerGnat
09-13-2011, 10:55 AM
I'd be a lot more upset if I was one of those brides to be. The Wedding Pavilion is a beautiful place to have a ceremony (speaking from personal experience).

I'm willing to bet that most brides and grooms to be will choose somewhere else to get married than the BLT lounge. Not that it isn't nice...I'm sure it is, but it is kinda strange to have a ceremony up there, IMO.

Most weddings take place prior to 5pm, so it might be a non issue, from your standpoint UNLESS they also start letting it be used as a reception location.

JROriole8Fan
09-13-2011, 11:52 AM
I believe all Disney weddings are completed in the evening, before dark, so you have nothing to worry about. A bit of research before complaining might also help. Since on “event nights” (which I assume means MNNSHP), they don’t do Wishes as the park closes early. They have Hallowishes during the party. Disney always considers all Guests when making decisions and while everyone cannot be happy, in this case, the complaints seem unfounded.

MinnieMommie
09-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a nice option to be added while GF is under construction.