PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes a grandma gets to brag...

TheDuckRocks
09-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I am so excited for my 16 year old grandson, Zac! He has just been named as getting the role, in his community childrens theater, as Conrad Birdie in "Bye, Bye Birdie". And it's just been announced that in the fall drama deptment production at his high school, he got the lead as Dracula in some kind of comedy they are doing.
I am really proud that he is able to do these things for fun and he still can maintain a stright A in his classes.

darthmacho
09-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Nicely done. Intercotees make good role models. :mickey:

disneydrmr
09-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Congrats to Zac!!! And as his grandma, brag all you want!!! Sounds like he's a very talented and smart young man! You have every right to be proud of him! :number1:

Melanie
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Awww, congrats to your grandson Kay, and brag away!!!!:thumbsup:

deedeebee
09-12-2011, 05:39 PM
WOW, I had to check where you were from, my son, 16 is the stage manager for the same play! It's a lot of work, but fun. Congrats!!:thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
09-13-2011, 11:11 AM
WOW, I had to check where you were from, my son, 16 is the stage manager for the same play! It's a lot of work, but fun. Congrats!!:thumbsup:

Congrats to your son! It sounds like a number of kids will be having fun doing Birdie.

Thanks for the kind words about Zac, he is a great kid.

DVC2004
09-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Very cool! He sounds like a great kid!

Janmac
09-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Isn't it nice to brag? Our youngest granddaughter - just started her first semester at collegge - was in several musicals in high school. This amazes me to no end, because there was nothing like this going on in my high school, nor in our local high school, which had to even stop doing the senior play for lack of interest.

And with all that can go on with kids nowadays, it's so nice to read about good things. Congrats to your Zac and to you and his parents for doing a great job.

Jan

murphy1
10-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Hi, Kay, haven't been on much, but that is wonderful!!!

Shari

TheDuckRocks
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Went yesterday for a preformance of "Bye Bye Birdie" and Zac was wonderful as Birdie. Such a hoot when he came out on stage at the beginning in a white "Elvis" costume with all the glitter. He even had the snarl down, the whole-lot-of-shakin' hips and the extreme pompador. So not like my normal all American teen grandson.
The whole cast did absolutely amazing job. We have been going to these musicals for 9 years now and I can honestly say that overall this is the best show they have ever done. The group is children from 5 years old to seniors in high school and all of them seemed to connect to the upbeat nature of this production as never before. I think they were all just having a ball.
At intermission a group of 60-something women came up to me and went on and on about how Zac was just like they remembered Fabian! Had to laugh! Does any one remember him? If you do I bet I could guess your age.
Once again thanks for listening to a bragging grandma.