PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used RCI?

kaylamag
09-12-2011, 08:29 AM
My mom has points with RCI, and wants to use them to book our Disney Vacation. Does this work the same as DVC points, do you have to use them for DVC property?

logan115
09-12-2011, 08:32 AM
My mom has points with RCI, and wants to use them to book our Disney Vacation. Does this work the same as DVC points, do you have to use them for DVC property?

Assuming that your Mom has deposited her points with RCI, if she has enough points AND if there is availability for your dates she should be able to use her points to book at DVC unit for you. Can be slim pickings depending on when you're looking to go as well as when DVC originally deposited the units with RCI. DVC is always in high demand so when they deposit they go rather quickly.

The other key point is that with the exception of Hilton and BlueGreen, you can't use points from other Orlando timeshares to exchange into a WDW based DVC (think you can use them at DLR, HHI, and VB).

Hope this helps,

Chris

mgmnut
09-12-2011, 01:17 PM
We used our RCI points in July and stayed at VWL. The whole process was very smooth, the only issue is finding availability. At 1 point we had 5 resorts to choose from, 3 days later it was down to 2. When you find a resort, you really need to act on it. I thought the Points value on the exchange was very good, I was extreamly happy with the whole experience.