PDA

View Full Version : Disney Employment - Wait List

DisneyMelissa
09-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Hey everyone :mickey:

I had an interview at the Casting center the other day, which I thought went very well. I was told at the end of the interview, however, that there weren't currently any available openings for the areas I listed (Attractions and Merchandise), however she would be placing me on the waiting list for both. She said it could take anywhere from a few days up to 6 months to hear back about getting a job...and if I don't hear after 6 months, I should re-apply.

Has anyone had any experiences with being wait-listed? I was just wondering if there was any hope of getting a job anytime soon.

I was definitely bummed after being told there weren't any openings, but I am keeping my head up and hoping I will hear back soon! :thumbsup:

Thanks!
Melissa

Main Street Jim
09-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Took me a good three months to hear anything back, and got put on the wait list. I applied in August of 2000, heard back about in November, was hired in late May of 2001, and started Traditions in early June of 2001.

I started out part-time. Took me two more years to get full-time. I was a CM in Attractions all over the Magic Kingdom for about 9 1/2 years.

PM me if you wanna know any more about the whole Traditions thing or anything else :thumbsup:

Good luck!

DisneyMelissa
09-21-2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks, Jim! I'll be sure to PM you if I hear back about a job :thumbsup:

minnie04
09-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Good Luck!! I hope they call you soon :mickey:

TexansInNY
09-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Nice to see an employer in such a good spot - best of luck to you!!!

:mickey:

Hog
09-22-2011, 05:28 PM
My wife would love to move to Florida, and I told her that the only way I would move is if I worked @ Disney. After hearing this it is kind of a bummer to know it could take so long to be hired. I would need to be full time right away, and couldn't afford to work only part time. I guess this will just have to be a job for when I retire.

Main Street Jim
09-22-2011, 06:13 PM
You also have to understand that WDW has 65,000 - yes, SIXTY-FIVE THOUSAND - Cast Members. That's full-time, part-time, seasonal, College Program, interns, and salaried/managers/executives. I've heard that Casting gets something like 10,000 applications a month; it takes a while to go through *that many* applications :)

DisneyMelissa
09-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Wow, 10,000 a month! That's crazy!

They just implemented a new recruiting website, where you go through part of the questioning online.

I had applied to Disney about 3 months ago, and never heard back about my application. Then, earlier this month, I received an email stating that while my application was still on file, they had implemented a new recruiting website and that I would need to re-apply. I reapplied within minutes of receiving that email, and later that day received a link to some pre-screening questions. After completing those questions, I was then invited by email to schedule an interview for that week.

Hopefully now that they implemented this new automated process, it will help cut down on the waiting times for applications, as well as the amount of eligible applications they are reviewing.

Also, thanks for the well wishes everyone...still no word back yet, but I am staying optimistic! :mickey: