PDA

View Full Version : Animal kingdom Villas?

gratuspater
09-10-2011, 04:09 PM
We are considering a split stay in late Jan. early Feb. Looking at BLT and AKV. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two different parts of the AKV are? Jambo house and Kidani villages. Also considering BLT and BWV. Any input, info, or opinions of the properties would be appreciated. Thanks.:)

faline
09-10-2011, 04:21 PM
The villas at Kidani are larger than the ones in Jambo House. We stayed at Jambo House in a one bedroom on our last trip and greatly enjoyed the room we had. We had our choice of either location when we booked and I chose Jambo House because I liked the idea of being in the main building where Mara, Boma and Jiko are located. Sa'ana is located at Kidani Village.

For most bus routes Kidani Village is the first stop. The only bus routes that stops at Jambo House first is the Downtown Disney bus.

I've never stayed at Boardwalk Villas but have had two stays at Bay Lake Tower -once in a studio and once in a two bedroom. I really love the location of Bay Lake Tower. Our studio had a view of the Magic Kingdom and we could watch the fireworks right from our balcony. We really enjoyed that. The two bedroom was very large and we had lots of space and, like I said, you really can't beat the location.

sassafras
09-10-2011, 06:46 PM
We've stayed at both Jambo House and Kidani Village. Both have equally nice accomendations. That being said, each has its good points. Jambo House has the restaurants and Mara, the food court, which are very handy. It has one pool which is huge. Kidani has beverage islands for the mugs in the gift shop and pool bar, but no food court. The pool is smaller, but I like it better. If given a choice again, I would choose Kidani for the pool, more intimate atmosphere and the bus service.
I have stayed at BWVs twice and they're ok. I say just ok because to me, they look a little worn. The staff doesn't seem as friendly as as the AKVs-it's just a totally different atmosphere-not nearly as much fun. There is more than one pool. However, there is not a beverage station anywhere in the resort. You have to go to the pool bar or the Boardwalk Bakery to get them filled. Plus you end up going down with a mug and coming back with a beverage cup and your mug since health laws won't let them use your mug under the beverages since they sell food. Whole system was kind of lame. I've never stayed at BLT, but look forward to doing it someday.

dlpmikki
09-11-2011, 04:19 AM
I am doing a split stay in January between AKV and BLT. I chose Kidani because we really liked the atmosphere there (have stayed at Jambo too). At Jambo the rooms are just the old bedrooms remodelled. At Kidani they are designed for DVC. The jacuzzi at Kidani was excellent in the one beds even if it was only for one person.We liked Sanaa but didn't find it difficult to go to Jambo house for Mara or Jiko. Stayed at BLT January last year and loved being able to watch the fireworks from the lounge area.

gratuspater
09-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the replies and input!:mickey:

MinnieMommie
09-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Love doing split stays with AKL and have done this with AKL and both BC and BLT. The pool at Kidani is amazing but I always stay at Jambo House. I love being in the main hotel, love the lobby, restaurants, African art collection and basically the activity level. You will should have a great time with a split stay regardless of how you decide on this :mickey:

sixshot19
09-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Stayed at both. Jambo has better ambience, Kidani has very loooonnng boring hallways. Kidani's rooms are nicer, Jambo has better restaurants. You can walk back and forth between them fairly quickly though.