PDA

View Full Version : photopass cd

mama2haven
09-10-2011, 02:02 PM
after reading another post it got me thinking about preordering the photo pass cd. can i take that cd and buy pics through snapfish or shutterfly once i own the cd? or do i have to order through disney.

Strmchsr
09-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Once you own the CD you can print the pics off of that CD from whomever you like. The Photopass CD comes with a copy license that allows you to make prints.

mama2haven
09-10-2011, 05:17 PM
hmmm than it might be worth it to purchase it before i go. i would love to hear opinions on people who have purchase the cd and if they were satisfied with it.

DisneyVillain
09-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah since the ride photos are not included I was wondering if it was worth it. Are the photographers at the character meet and greets?

faline
09-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Photopass photographers are available at most of the character greeting spots around the parks.

Test Track photos can be added to photopass and I thought I recently read that they added Tower of Terror to this as well but the other ride photos can't be put on photopass.

Daisy'sMom
09-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Never have done the cd, but are thinking of having getting the Christmas cards from this next trip. Has anyone ordered them and were they nice?:mickey:

tinksmom02
09-10-2011, 07:14 PM
If you're going to take the time to get your photo taken, then it's definitely worth it to pre-purchase the CD. You save $50 and if it turns out that you don't get any (or enough) pics, you can request a full refund. It's a win-win!

As the family photographer, I always pre-purchase--it guarantees I'll be in at least some of the pictures LOL And not sure if this has changed, but last year (and years prior) you could add the Test Track pic to your photopass.

gregf71
09-10-2011, 07:24 PM
So, how do you pre-purchase the CD? We already made our final payment for our trip that is in about 6 weeks. Are we too late? :confused:

mama2haven
09-10-2011, 07:30 PM
there is a link on another post that got me interested. i think i will since if i am not satisfied then i can get my money back.

faline
09-10-2011, 07:32 PM
So, how do you pre-purchase the CD? We already made our final payment for our trip that is in about 6 weeks. Are we too late? :confused:

Not too late at all - you can pre-purchase here. (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx)

mgmnut
09-10-2011, 09:02 PM
We had pre-ordered PP for our trip this past July. I was not as satisfied with it as I was back in 2006 when we used it. The photographers do not seem as devoted to it as they were back then. It also seemed like there were more locations with photographers in the past than in July. But, as Tinksmom pointed out, it insures I am in a lot of our photos. So to me it is still worth the money, especially if you pre-order it and get the pre-order discount price.

In July Test Track was still the only ride photo you could add

amy853
09-10-2011, 10:05 PM
I preordered the CD when we went Sept '09, and the deal even came with a discounted photo book that you could make on the photo pass website. It turned out to be great for us, we downloaded the photo pass pictures and the ones we took on our own to Snapfish and had them all in one spot. The photo book was a great add on and it came out beautifully! We are going in December, and I'm definitely doing the pre order again!

disneyfan328
09-10-2011, 11:29 PM
I would have to say that prepurchasing the photo pass is the way to go. Especially since this is the best and most inexpensive way to get all of your family in the photos and get the "special" photos too. One of my favorites that we got done was the one on main street in front of the castle where the put tink into our family's hands. It is truly one of my favorite photos.
In addition, the photopass website has sooooo many cool things that you can add to the pictures like borders, park icons, character signatures, black and white or sepia effects etc. You can literally take one photo and turn it into 15 or 20 different ones. when you get the cd your original photo plus all of the added ones are on there.
Disney normally charges around 12.00 per photo for them if you purchase them in the park so if you get even 9 or 10 good photos its worth the money. then you can print them whenenver and wherever you want since you get the copyrights. you an make xmas cards out of them at walmart, walgreens etc. or just print out as many pics as you like. We got a ton of good ones on our last two trips in 07 and 09 so I highly recommend it. Also as stated above there really is no risk to prepurchasing it as you can get a full refund if you find that you didn't get enough good pics when you get back!:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
09-11-2011, 12:09 AM
I WISH I had purchased the photo pass CD before our recent trip. During our previous trips, DH and I would get 15-20 pictures taken during the trip (and that was just to get the "free" 5 by 7 print that used to come in the packages.) This year, with doing so many character meets with DS, we got about 160 photos. They took some fantastic shots of DS with the characters... from the moment that he first saw them to the little games that they played with him (Chip stealing his hat, Pooh playing pattycake) to the final hug goodbye. We didn't stop with every photographer on the streets but we got some with them, too. I think that the quality of the photos has gotten better over the past 4 years.

TheVBs
09-11-2011, 08:29 AM
We've done this and it was soooo worth it! As mentioned, you can get prints from wherever you'd like. I had to scan my copy of the license release and email it to Kodak, then I was able to get all my prints from them. It's much cheaper than buying the prints through Disney! I'm going to try it with the photobook this year. :mickey:

disneydeb
09-11-2011, 07:43 PM
I just preordered for my trip, now do I get numbers or a card to give to my photographer in a few weeks?

Strmchsr
09-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I just preordered for my trip, now do I get numbers or a card to give to my photographer in a few weeks?

No. You can use any photopass card (or multiple cards). When you get back from your trip, just enter the photopass card(s) into your account where you pre-ordered the CD and all your pics will show up. Add the CD to your cart and it will show up pre-paid.

disneydeb
09-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Thank you!! I have done this before, but I couldn't remember the process. I guess I am getting old!