PDA

View Full Version : Scranton/Wilks-Barre, PA help

CosmicRay
09-09-2011, 04:42 PM
I am a native Texan have the opportunity to visit my sister that lives near Scranton. We leave in a month and I am wondering what the weather might be like? Will we need sweaters? jackets? Long Sleeves?

Also, will the leaves be changing around that time?

Tink1
09-09-2011, 05:02 PM
OK, my neck of the woods! Grew up in Dunmore and live at Elk Mt now.

Yes, you will need a jacket of some sort or a sweatshirt. Nights can go down into the 40's in October, or we can have Indian Summer and it can be in the 60's. We tend to dress in layers that can be added and stripped off.

Today I left the house with a long sleeve Tshirt and a hoodie. Stripped off hoodie about noon and really could have had short sleeves on. Tuesday though, I was in sweats and my home heater kicked on. We have had heatwaves in October and snow in October, never can tell what it will do.

Fall Foliage will usually peak between October 7-15th. Could be earlier, could be later. It should be REALLY good this year since we had so much rain.

Will be happy to answer any other questions as well!

Nanc

Will be happy to answer any other questions.

CosmicRay
09-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Yes, I've seen the rain! My sister lives on a hill, but can't get through on either side of the hill to go places because of the flooding. They closed school the past two days and my sister hasn't been able to get to work. Hoping the rain isn't affecting you as much.

Tink1
09-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Living on the mountain has its advantages! Some main roads were flooded here, but the back trails over the mountain tops are fine, we jsut 4 wheel it a lot!

Glad your sister is safe.

Nanc

CosmicRay
09-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks! Glad you are too!

minnie-mouse
10-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Yes, definitely a jacket for PA this time of year.