PDA

View Full Version : adding person to reservation

the real Alice
09-08-2011, 09:27 PM
I've been trying to get a lunch reservation for Yak & Yetti for a while. I haven't been able to find anything for a party of 5 (4 adults & 2 yr old), but found a ressie for party of 4. Do you think they will still book us if we show up with an extra person, who could sit in a high chair?

Thanks!

Strmchsr
09-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Unfortunately, no. They are very strict on ADR numbers due to fire code. If it was a place with availability, they'll add someone in if possible, but you're running the risk of being turned away if you show up with n extra person, especially if it sounds like no availability is there.

JenniferS.
09-09-2011, 08:14 AM
It's worth a try. We have 2 meals booked at CRT and the cm on the phone told us to book it for 6 instead of 7 (one of the 7 is 2). I couldn't believe that she would suggest this, but we did it. I don't know if we will get turned away. I still have been trying to book for the 7 of us with no luck yet.

Strmchsr
09-09-2011, 10:42 AM
I couldn't believe that she would suggest this, but we did it.

I think that's definitely a very bad suggestion from the CM. In fact, when I'm down at WDW teaching at one of their conferences next week I'll make sure to mention to management that a CM is making such a suggestion so they can clear it up. By law (fire code) they can't allow more than a certain number in and with those busy restaurants (like CRT) they are often at capacity, so guests walking up with an extra will almost certainly be turned away. I've seen it happen several times at places like Le Cellier, CRT, and even Coral Reef a couple of times. Places that are less busy you can go that because they usually have availability, but not the busy ones.

TheRustyScupper
09-09-2011, 05:03 PM
1) Disney is getting wise to the "but, they decided to join us" trick.
2) With free DDP, people can't always get the ADR they want.
3) So, they under-count to get a table.
4) Then, they show up with "unexpected" additional people.
5) In a team meeting, CM's have been told to warn guests against this.
6) If there is room, WDW will not turn away revenue.
7) But, if busy, they will turn away the additions.
8) Go ahead any arrive with the extras, if you like.
9) Just be prepared to have someone stand around while you eat.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-11-2011, 10:52 PM
It's worth a try. We have 2 meals booked at CRT and the cm on the phone told us to book it for 6 instead of 7 (one of the 7 is 2). I couldn't believe that she would suggest this, but we did it. I don't know if we will get turned away. I still have been trying to book for the 7 of us with no luck yet.

I too was told by a Dining CM to show up +1 that it would be no problem. I was trying to change a party of 9 to a 10 and there was no availability. I too was stunned that the CM told me just to show up.

VWL Mom
09-12-2011, 08:02 AM
I too was told by a Dining CM to show up +1 that it would be no problem. I was trying to change a party of 9 to a 10 and there was no availability. I too was stunned that the CM told me just to show up.

Most likely because a 9 and a 10 would be seated at the same table, but a 4 to 5 would require a different table set-up.

Magic Smiles
09-12-2011, 08:52 AM
What about booking for 6 and then showing up with 5?

AgentC
09-12-2011, 09:34 AM

I have never booked a 6 and shown up with 5, but I have often booked a 5 and shown up with 4. I always book our whole group, but my mom often decides to sleep in when we have breakfast ADRs. So far it has not been a problem.

Strmchsr
09-12-2011, 09:48 AM

That's not a problem. They can accommodate a smaller party, just not a larger one. In general, though, you want to book for what you think you'll have since booking that one extra person could prevent someone else from being able to get their ADR at one of the busier places.