PDA

View Full Version : Bad news day

disney obsessed
09-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Well, My BIL is in the hospital hoping to get higher on the liver transplant list. This is his fourth hopitalization in two weeks. I don't understand why he does not get a lower number. He is my husbands brother. Another BILs wife (again in my husbands family) was diagnosed with stomach and esophogeal cancer today. She is in the same hospital. And the SIL on my husbands sides FIL passed away last night. They come in threes. That is ENOUGH. My heart goes out to my inlaws. Please keep them in your prayers.

faline
09-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm so sorry your family has endured so much in such a short period of time. My heart goes out to you and your family.

MNNHFLTX
09-08-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry. :( That is a lot of bad news to take in on one day. I will keep you and your in-laws in my prayers.

On a side--about the BIL that needs a liver transplant. It's becoming more and more common for liver transplants to be done with living donors (i.e. usually a relative or minimally someone with the same blood type). Do you know if this is a possibility for your BIL? If they find someone that's compatible it could save a continued long wait on the transplant list.

disney obsessed
09-08-2011, 07:14 PM
In my BILs case it is not possible to do a living doner or a stem cell treatment. The type of liver disease he has will come back, and he refuses to have someone give him a piece of their liver if it will not take care of the issue.

SBETigg
09-08-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm so sorry about all the bad news, all at once. Prayers and good thoughts for your family.

brownie
09-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear about all the hurt in your family. I hope things get better for everyone.

ElenitaB
09-08-2011, 10:25 PM
That's a lot of bad news for one family to take in at once. They're in my prayers.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-09-2011, 09:48 AM
So sorry to hear about that..

laprana
09-09-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm so sorry for all the bad news your family is having to endure right now! Sending :pixie: your way and I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers! :hug:

TheVBs
09-10-2011, 08:25 AM
So sorry about all the bad news. :( I'm sending good thoughts and hope things improve!

disney obsessed
09-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Thank you for your thoughts. Please keep them in your prayers. We found today that my SIL's condition could not be worse. Her PET scan was positive for all over her body. Her symptoms were that she had a cold she could not shake. She had also been in the hospital for what they thought were TIAs less than two months ago. They did not find it then and even gave her the diagnosis of TIA but that is now not correct. It was the cancer.

I had another SIL that died of mets breast cancer at 39 and one that beat it at 60. For so many, it is such a silent killer. You don't feel sick.

It's very sad.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-10-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm so sorry that you are all having to go through all of this. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.