PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist for mid-October: what are my other options?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
09-08-2011, 02:46 PM
So, we had to change our plans from a November weekend for Food and Wine to the week prior to Halloween due to school and work activities. We cancelled DVC reservations for November and are trying to piece together rooms for the week in October. There are 3 adults (which includes my 20 year old son) and one teenager (15 year old daughter). We really need to have 3 separate sleeping spaces (Mom & Dad together and son and daughter separately) as neither of the kids will sleep with each other or with the parents. So far we have reservations for 4 of the 6 nights of a Monday through Sunday stay and are missing Thursday and Friday nights. I have two waitlists going, but I'm not confident at all that they will come through. I'm trying to think of other options we would have to stay those 2 nights. I've thought about paying cash for a reservation at OKW (where we are staying on Wednesday night) but I hate to do that when we do have the points to use since it's fairly expensive. I've also thought about booking two value rooms or maybe a DTD hotel. I'd love to hear opinions or other's experiences to help me decide. Thanks!!

dlpmikki
09-11-2011, 04:28 AM
You may be able to get a discount on the cash rate of around 25% as a DVC member extending stay. Not guaranteed but if they have plenty of cash rooms available it can be offered. I've stayed in a few downtown disney hotels but it might be fun to go for a value. Do you have APs to see if there are any good rates for that?

Expensive on points (and the cash fee) but you could possible use points to book one of the deluxe hotels or fort wilderness (cabin has bedroom with double bed and a bunk bed and a pull down bed in living room)