PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay on property at DLR

goofy78
09-07-2011, 11:26 PM
My family and I are considering a trip to Disneyland next summer. We have never been before so it will be a new experience for all of us. I have researched online the many properties just outside the park but we are interested in staying on property. Which hotel would you recommend and why?

Melanie
09-07-2011, 11:37 PM
First trip - Disneyland Hotel! It IS Disney through and through. By then, all the renovations should be complete and what a magical stay you would have. I personally think a stay at the DLH is a must for first time visitors. :tink: Can't wait to get back out there myself as well.

BrerGnat
09-08-2011, 09:24 AM
I agree that the Disneyland Hotel is a great option for a first time visit, particularly since the renovations should be 100% complete by then. The hotel is "middle of the road" COST WISE of the three on property resorts.

If your family is looking to really splurge, I can also very highly recommend the Club Level of the Grand Californian Hotel. What an experience! We've been fortunate to stay there 4 times, and it's definitely my most favorite Disney hotel property of all the ones I've stayed at both in Disneyland and WDW. I just love everything about the Grand.

I will say, though, that the renovations to the DLH have really turned that property into something really amazing. I used to feel sort of "eh" about it before, but truly, they have outdone themselves on this renovation. Really can't go wrong if you stay here.

Now, honestly, I wouldn't even look at the Paradise Pier hotel. Just too much about it that makes the other two choices MUCH MUCH better.