PDA

View Full Version : DVC tour?

McLiberal8
09-07-2011, 10:32 PM
I would be interested in going on the DVC 'tour' I have heard about during my next trip in January. The one with the villa tour and ice cream? :mickey:

How do I sign up for this while at the parks? Do I visit one of the kiosks in the park? How do these tours work?

brownie
09-07-2011, 11:03 PM
You'll probably get better answers with this in the Disney Vacation Club forum, so sending you there now.

mgmnut
09-08-2011, 09:13 AM
We took the tour in July, although we toured BLT. There was a DVC desk at our resort we set it up through, not sure if there is a DVC at all resorts. We stayed at WL. They can arrange pickup and drop off right from the resort if there is.

BrerGnat
09-08-2011, 09:29 AM
There are DVC desks and kiosks EVERYWHERE. You can stop at any one of them, either in a park, resort, or downtown Disney, and set up an appointment. Honestly, you can usually just walk up and they will take you over in a van on the spot. My sister and friend did this on our last trip there, because they were "theme park bored" and wanted to do something different.

disneymom15
09-08-2011, 11:13 AM
We did it in January. We were at DHS and stopped at the kiosk and signed up for the tour. They called for a van, picked us up and took us to SSR for the tour. SSR has an ice cream shop and they do offer you free ice cream.

epceddie
09-08-2011, 03:39 PM
We took a DVC tour of BLT back in May and had a really good time. We also got three use-anytime fastpasses apiece. Do they still give these as part of the tour? We used ours to rid Soarin' three times in a row without having to come back at a future time.

goofy78
09-08-2011, 07:37 PM
The previous posts are correct. There are kiosks everywhere and you may walk up to any of them for information and to schedule a tour. DW was hesitant at first to go on the tour when we were there in April, however, she now thinks it was the best move we ever made. We toured SSR and it was great! We bought in and haven't regretted it since.

I think it's important to mention that when we joined they gave us points for last year that we could use on the spot without paying anything for them. We were excited to take advantage of this and canceled the rest of our other hotel arrangements and stayed a couple nights at BLT and a couple nights at BC. Wrapping up our trip on property in a DVC resort was amazing.

In summary, I would recommend going on the tour. You may find that it is a right fit for you and your family as we did. Then again, you might not think it's the right fit and you'll have ended up with a couple fast passes and free ice cream. Win win in my book for going on a tour.

andreallybadeggs
09-09-2011, 01:14 PM
It took us years to get around to doing the tour. Our daughter finally pushed us to take it our last morning at WDW and we ended up buying. :mickey: Having experienced plenty of fast talking pushy timeshare salesmen we were a little apprehensive but enjoyed the whole experience and felt no pressure at all to purchase. We were picked up promptly, greeted with a glass of juice, listened to the presentation, got to see the ALK and BLT models, had our ice cream, and caught our ride back to our resort with plenty of time to brush our teeth and check out. As for many others, it just made sense for us so we called back the next day and still received our incentives. And yes, if you don't see a DVC booth right in front of your face, just turn the corner. You'll have no problem finding someone to set you up. Enjoy.

diz_girl
09-09-2011, 03:03 PM
When we were there in 2008, the DVC reps at a kiosk in AK were offering a $100 gift card to take a tour. We didn't take the tour, but I wound up buying a year later. Not sure if they're offering right now that kind of incentive to take a tour.