PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road

DebbieFr
09-07-2011, 03:41 AM
We are heading out to the World in Five weeks and one day:cloud9:

We have had a bit of a disapointment with our travel arrangements (but that is another story).
We want to book a surprise for our parents as a treat whilst we are there (thats if there is any availability left)

We have been past Raglan Road many times but have never been in there.:confused:

Any reviews and thoughts would be a great help.:eat:

BugeyedMuggy
09-07-2011, 05:58 AM
We love RR. Try to get a nite when they have the entertainment. The Shepards Pie is great and the Bread Pudding is to die for :cloud9:.

SBETigg
09-07-2011, 06:38 AM
I love it. Very good food and service, lively (loud) music if you're there after 9. Ger's Bread and Butter pudding is one of my favorite desserts anywhere, but all of the starters and entrees I've had were amazing too. It's all dark wood and brass inside, as one would imagine a pub, but lovely not shabby. There's a gift shop attached inside where one can pick up Irish influenced souvenirs or one of celebrated chef Kevin Dundon's cookbooks.

RedSoxFan
09-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Great place to eat. We've been there twice and going back in November. :mickey:

SallyP
09-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Lively atmosphere after 7 pm

No Irish dancers on Sundays.

Monday - Saturday: Currently Na Fianna is providing the music, a 4 guy Irish singing group. They will be out of there Oct 1 and then I guess Creel will be back.

Food is okay. Tomato Gin Soup is my favorite. And yes the Bread Pudding is that good!

Several Irish beers, among others on tap: Guinness, Kilkenny, Smithwicks, Harps

If you want to see the musicians and dancers ask for the Grand Room when making your reservations.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-07-2011, 09:41 AM
We went in December 2008. As I recall the service was quite good. We had mixed feelings about our meals. I had the Its Not Bleedin Chowder and it was quite good, probably the best dish of the night. My son had a steak which was also good. My mom ordered the much hyped Kevin's heavenly ham and it was a little disappointing. We were expecting something spectacular and it was just a slice of ordinary ham. Desserts were okay but nothing special. I do remember the table next to us had fish n chips and they looked Sooo goood. My mom wished she had ordered those. All in all a decent place to eat and we wouldn't rule out eating there again.

epceddie
09-08-2011, 04:03 PM
We really like the Scallop Forest appetizer and the meatballs were very good. My wife loves the bread pudding and I like to sit at the bar before and after dinner. The bartenders are great fun, the house band is very good, and we enjoy the atmosphere. I would recommend going at dinner though. We've been for lunch and the place has been dead. It's like night and day.

SBETigg
09-08-2011, 05:51 PM
We went in December 2008. My mom ordered the much hyped Kevin's heavenly ham and it was a little disappointing. We were expecting something spectacular and it was just a slice of ordinary ham. Desserts were okay but nothing special.

I always feel bad out that ham disappointment, because I am one of the hypers. When my son ordered it, it was the hit of the night, and my salmon was delicious. It was not just "ordinary ham" when my son had it. I wonder if it was an off night or a weird cut for you, or they changed the dish, or what happened with that. Also, our desserts were extraordinary. I'm going to think maybe you just hit an off night at Raglan Road.

RAIDER
09-15-2011, 03:17 AM
Brilliant atmosphere at dinner times and the service has always been spot on ,a varied menu of drinks and the food is excellent as well as its presentation .You will enjoy it :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-15-2011, 08:14 AM
I always feel bad out that ham disappointment, because I am one of the hypers. When my son ordered it, it was the hit of the night, and my salmon was delicious. It was not just "ordinary ham" when my son had it. I wonder if it was an off night or a weird cut for you, or they changed the dish, or what happened with that. Also, our desserts were extraordinary. I'm going to think maybe you just hit an off night at Raglan Road.

Maybe so because it was simply an ordinary slice of ham...nothing special at all. I tasted it and agreed with her. I really did like my dish though and I thought my son's steak was quite good as well. As a matter of fact, the ham was the only real disappointment. My bread pudding also was not warm. I am from an area where we can get excellent bread pudding and its always served warm. (Biloxi/New Orleans area). It wasn't bad, I would just have liked it heated up.:blush:

SBETigg
09-15-2011, 09:38 AM
My bread pudding also was not warm. I am from an area where we can get excellent bread pudding and its always served warm. (Biloxi/New Orleans area). It wasn't bad, I would just have liked it heated up.:blush:

That should have been warm, yes. The dish was warm when I had it. Not really the same style of bread pudding I've had in NO, like 'Ohana bread pudding isn't quite the same as what I expect from bread pudding. But I like them both quite a lot.

AllDisney
09-15-2011, 07:13 PM
We love it there. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

tundramom
09-15-2011, 11:17 PM
We've been twice and enjoyed the food, DH likes Shephard's Pie, I've had portobello sandwich that was tasty but the comments on service mystify me...we have remarked both times that our service was poor at best. Maybe because we don't imbibe, don't know, but each time it's been slow, had to ask for refills, and impersonal bordering on irritated, not up to WDW standards IMHO but we'd go again for the food and would love to catch the entertainment, we eat too early!:blush:

mdricks
09-16-2011, 12:31 PM
You say you are taking your parents and that could mean many things. I'm 45 and my rents would hate it (too loud, too much like an Irish Pub etc....) long and short it is more pub than restuarant and you certainly loose some of the cache if you avoid the main room. Outside is very nice if not a little close.

If my kids took me there however........

Bodigtons draft and an irish car bomb. The ribs app with the scallop app. Sheps pie and the bread pudding.

Irish music playing the entire time.

Its heaven.