PDA

View Full Version : Ob-La-Di....Ob-La-Da

sixshot19
09-05-2011, 11:48 PM
What is the place you go to when you are stressed out and need a break.....

With all the rides, events, etc at WDW, I always put myself in the last row of the Carousel of Progress....There's a great big beautiful tomorrow.....almost like Ob-La-D-Ob_la-Da, Life goes on...Magic.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-06-2011, 08:17 AM
If it's during the day, I'll hop on a boat from POFQ and take a ride to DTD. Maybe not even get off, just ride the boat! Or from the Boardwalk to the Studios...the boats are so darn relaxing.

In the evenings, we close off almost every day at Epcot. If we need a little break, there are some benches off to the side of the Land, and we just pull up a bench and chill out and people watch. Nothing better than evenings at Epcot! :cloud9:

SBETigg
09-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Do you mean when you are actually at WDW, or when you need a mental vacation?

When I'm daydreaming, I could end up anywhere at WDW, but usually just walking down Main Street toward the castle or on the monorail just arriving at Epcot and curving around that stretch when you get your first glimpse of World Showcase. Love that! The attractions are all great and I have many favorites, but nothing compares to the excitement of first arrival for me, and that thought cheers me up when I'm down or need to reenergize. If I'm really stressed, I'll just imagine myself in a chair on the Poly or GF beach watching the lagoon activity with an icy drink in hand.

When I'm really there, I seldom need to de-stress. The whole experience is a joyful escape from the real world. But more relaxing experiences are riding the TTA or Spaceship Earth.

TexansInNY
09-07-2011, 02:32 PM
We don't get stressed out - that is why I go to DW - the kids might badger for this or that but we smile and keep going - cellphones left at the house - just like the good ole days.

darthmacho
09-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I go to WDW to get away from the stress, so anywhere will do, but for somewhere relaxing, nothing beats an Epcot Wine shop! :wine:

minnie04
09-07-2011, 03:59 PM
We don't get stressed out - that is why I go to DW - the kids might badger for this or that but we smile and keep going - cellphones left at the house - just like the good ole days.

WE sound a lot alike. I don't really stress out at home or at Disney, but I do like to sit and people watch...lol it makes me laugh (and I know I shouldn’t ) when I see other people stress out. IT'S DISNEY!! Relax, enjoy walk around and thank God for the time you are there with family and friends...It’s a vacation it’s not going to last forever. Don’t let the little things stress you out (i.e. ride times, heat, bad kids, unpleasant guest...Yes, guests there are some people that just have to be nasty no matter where they are :ack: ) I get it, that sometimes its a once in a life time visit and you HAVE TO FIT IT ALL IN, but what kinda of memories are they going to be if you were stressed the whole time ...:mickey: