PDA

View Full Version : How many days do you stay at WDW?

plutosnana
09-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this topic..
anyways how many days do you stay at Disney? Is it just a one day thing then the rest FL? or is it a week long trip or longer?
thanks

:goofy:

brad192
09-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I typically stay 9 nights/10 days, arriving on a Friday & leaving on a Sunday. It gives me plenty of time & flexibility to do what I want when I want to. Since I'm a WDW "veteran", I don't need to be a park commando anymore, and I've found it's a much more pleasurable experience to just slow down & enjoy all the little things WDW has to offer. :mickey: :cloud9:

Of course, I'll have to "tweak" that game plan next year for Intercot's 15th anniversary celebration! :thumbsup: :rocks:

Capt_redshirt
09-05-2011, 08:37 PM
We are usually there for a week. personally i would love to be there alot longer by the end of the week i dread leaving

disneymom15
09-05-2011, 09:14 PM
We've done as few as 4 days to as many as 9. Usually do 6 or 7 days. We rarely leave Disney property.

sixshot19
09-05-2011, 11:28 PM
7 days usually....I need more holidays!!:mickey:

Tink#64
09-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Our average stay is 7 - 9 days. We usually do 6 - 7 days of park hopping. We prefer the longer trips to have more flexibility & some "down" time to enjoy relaxing at the resort pool or resort hopping for shopping & dining! Also very nice to have a day "off" mid trip to sleep in & "recharge our batteries", so to speak! :alarm: :sleepin:

We don't leave WDW property until it's time to go home. :blush:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
09-06-2011, 01:52 AM
The most I have done is 11 days. I think you need at least 8.

mgmnut
09-06-2011, 07:57 AM
We usually stay 8 days and do 2 days at Universal Studios, next trip I want to plan for 10 days and stay at WDW the whole stay.

PopPhan
09-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Due to a couple shorter trips (4 - 5 days,) our average over the past 8 years is 8 days/7 nights.

However, our normal stay is 10 days/9 nights. This way it makes the trip more relaxed and enjoyable -- no need to rush through the parks to make sure we hit every ride/attraction we want to see....if there is a queue over 20 minutes, we skip it and come back later or another day. This also gives us plenty of time to hit the water parks, DTD, resort hop, etc.

7 days from today we will be on our 9th trip since 2003 (Yeah, I know there are those out there who have made almost that many trips in ONE year!! :D ) This is a 10 day/9 night trip - staying at Pop on the "Magic, Memories, and More!" package with upgraded dining (standard DDP vs. QS DDP)

SBETigg
09-06-2011, 09:22 AM
When we go as a family (which is now two parents and two adult children), we stay 10-11 days. We haven't strayed from WDW yet. There's plenty to do right there. We like to do all the parks, repeat our favorites, and have plenty of time for resort activities, relaxation, and some fine dining. But if we do it again, we'll probably branch out and explore Universal.

When we go as two adults without "kids", we'll take shorter trips- five-six days, enough time to hit park highlights, maybe finish off the parks, and still fit in some fun evening activities. When we go with just the two of us, it's hard to get us out of World Showcase (but we do visit all parks). We love it there. Next trip, we're trying the Beach Club for the first time to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival.

Mogie
09-06-2011, 10:07 AM
If you want to enjoy all the parks you need a minimum of 4 days. In 4 days you can go on most of the rides if it is during a slow part of the year. Getting the Park Hopper helps. But at the same time you probably won't have time for waterparks, or to just hang out by the hotel pool. This is also based on two 20-something year olds with NO KIDS, who get to the park by 9:30-10:00am and stay till the park closes every night. So if youre just passing through and want to see Florida, you probably want to research exactly what you want to see at Disney. You should definitely stay at least 1 night anyway to enjoy Disney magic experience.

buzznwoodysmom
09-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Our shortest stay was 3 nights, our longest stay was 12 nights, and we've done pretty much everything in between. Our typical stay, however, is 9 nights. That's become our normal trip length.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-06-2011, 10:29 AM
We always do a week or longer:mickey:

darthmacho
09-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I've taken 4 trips to WDW, and each were a minimum of 8 days/7 nights, and quite frankly, I feel that's too short. Here's a breakdown of days at
WDW vs. days in "FL" for my trips:

1998: 9 days; 8 WDW, 1 Sea World
1999: 8 days; 7 WDW, 1 Universal
2003: 8 days; 8 WDW
2010: 10 days; 10 WDW
Total: 35 days; 33 WDW, 2 "FL"

Next year? 14 days; 14 WDW! :mickey:

akaDisneyDreamer
09-06-2011, 01:31 PM
On our first trip we did the 4 night package and felt that was absolutely NOT enough time!:mickey:
So the next two trips we did the 7 night package and it was wonderful, still wanted more, but at least we didn't feel cheated like we did on out first trip.

Now are planning an 8 night package. Would like to do a 10 night, but just can't fit that into our budget, seeing that we want to keep staying in deluxe resorts (to us, where we stay is part of the magic!).

WDWForever
09-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Normallly 7-10 day trips for us. End of August we stayed for 10 days all within Disney, no rental car since it wasn't needed. My wife and I have gone many times so it's now all about our 4 and 2 yr olds. Besides the parks there is plenty to do at the resorts or Downtown Disney.

brownie
09-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Our trips have been anywhere from 4-9 days (a long weekend to a week).

LudwigVonDrake
09-07-2011, 06:11 AM
The last few years I've done ten day trips and they're all spent in WDW :smickey:

minnie04
09-07-2011, 09:02 AM
We usually do a 4 day trip... The most we have done is 7 days (with Baseball tournament). We do weekends mostly since we live 3 hours away we feel we can come and go when ever. If we lived out of Florida. I would probably do the 10 day trips to fit everything in... :mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-07-2011, 10:37 AM
For us, we haven't done anything outside of Disney.... yet. :blush: I know it's coming, and we're planning on a non-Disney vaca.... it just hasn't happened up to this point. Can't keep away!!

So, our Disney trips have grown in length each time... I would have to say that if we could choose our favorite length each trip, it would be to have 10 or 11 days at Disney, with two days being waterpark days if the trip is during the warmer weather.

We like the feeling of settling in and not being rushed... being able to "go with the flow" more, and not feeling we have to get there, do that -- which is how we've felt on shorter trips. That being said, our shorter trips were when we were newer to Disney, as well... my DH and I are taking a short jaunt in October, and I don't have any of the "gotta do this, gotta do that" type feelings I used to have. (Phew!! ;))

joonyer
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Most of our trips with our kids have been one week (7 days). Our shortest was 4 days and our longest has only been 8. I wish we could afford a 10 day - 2 week trip.

TexansInNY
09-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Typically Saturday to Saturday with a day off and a Downtown Disney day. Always pleanty to keep us filled until the next year!
:number1: