PDA

View Full Version : Sum of all Thrills

Urbss
09-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Has anyone experienced this attraction at EPCOT?

I was wondering if it is as cool as it sounds, if there is any extra cost and if there is a long wait time.

Thanks,
Tom

Melanie
09-05-2011, 06:55 PM
We do it a lot, because my boys really enjoy it. We've never waited more than 20 minutes and there is no extra cost. Definitely worth doing at least once. Bet you'll want to do it again! :D

AgentC
09-05-2011, 07:12 PM
My husband did it yesterday for the first time and loved it. He can't wait to do it again.

The wait was 15 minutes mid day on a Sunday.

Basket Mommy
09-05-2011, 07:26 PM
It's kind of a tight squeeze for larger folks. I do think there is a weight limit for the loops, too.

Melanie
09-05-2011, 07:49 PM
It's kind of a tight squeeze for larger folks. I do think there is a weight limit for the loops, too.

There is a vehicle outside the ride area to test if the attraction can accomodate you.

TinkerbellFan16
09-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I absolutely love it. I always make it as extreme as allowed. Also it is fun to watch other people inside. You see a large machine doing weird movements, and you wonder how that could feel like a roller coaster. Than you get in, and it seems so much like the real thing. And you can tell which simulations are low speed and "safe" and which ones are not.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-05-2011, 09:28 PM
which innovations is this in? Is it the one with the firetruck that the kids can climb on?

disneyfankev
09-05-2011, 09:40 PM
its a fun but i wouldn't wait any longer than 30 min to ride it

Mousemates
09-05-2011, 09:56 PM
we enjoyed it when we did it, but its one of those things we tend to forget about once we get there.

Melanie
09-05-2011, 10:03 PM
which innovations is this in? Is it the one with the firetruck that the kids can climb on?

Nope, other side.

Poohluv85
09-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I really want to try this, but have an issue with claustrophobia and was wondering is it really tight? Is it possible to move your arms and head?

Melanie
09-06-2011, 11:42 AM
I really want to try this, but have an issue with claustrophobia and was wondering is it really tight? Is it possible to move your arms and head?

Not going to lie, it's tight (tighter than Mission:Space for example), but you can move your head and arms. You can see your partner on a small video screen in your compartment.

Mickey'sGirl
09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
I really want to try this, but have an issue with claustrophobia and was wondering is it really tight? Is it possible to move your arms and head?You can move, but speaking as a claustrophobic ... it about killed me. Honestly, it took me an afternoon to recover, and had there not been a little image of my son having the time of his life down on my video screen, I am pretty sure I would have hit the panic button long before the ride ended. You can test out the seats and the hood before you queue up (there are test seats to the side of the entrance). My kids love this ride, but I am sweating just thinking about it again (and I rode 2 years ago)

Poohluv85
09-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the reply's! This will definitely effect whether I ride or not, but really glad to hear there's the test seats. Sorry about your experience though Mickey'sGirl, I know it can really be a traumatic thing to experience.

Main Street Jim
09-06-2011, 06:54 PM
*Really* cool "ride", you get to design your own roller coaster, with three "thrill levels". My wife, who's not really a "coaster girl", but *loved* this thing.

I've never really seen much of a line at it; takes about ten minutes for the instructional video and to design your ride.

If you're unsure, you can stand outside the "arena" thing and watch for a few minutes before you decide to ride ;)

EJS-Houston
09-07-2011, 11:58 AM
...I'm guessing that this is some fort of virtual roller coaster which you program yourself?

cer
09-07-2011, 12:57 PM
...I'm guessing that this is some fort of virtual roller coaster which you program yourself?

You got it...

PercyPug
09-09-2011, 01:01 PM
My husband and daughter love this. As a warning though, if you are going to program it with loops, make sure you take everything out of your pockets. My husband lost his sunglasses and all his change while in a loop!!