PDA

View Full Version : night time at BWV

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Can someone tell me of any of the activities that go on at night at the BWV? I know some resorts have movies by the pool? Are there activities for the kids during the day? How about on the Boardwalk itself? I understand there might be "acts" for us to stop and watch with the kids before heading back in for the night? About what time do they start? How long do they go on?

thank you!

FiggyFan
09-05-2011, 02:44 PM
There are street performers that stop at a few places along the Boardwalk to do a show. Each performance runs maybe 15 minutes or so. The ones I remember include a magician, a sword swallower, a spinning plate act, and a mime who does a comedic act featuring juggling tricks and a basketball game (not all the same night, of course). Many of these acts include audience volunteers. The best are when a small child steals the show, or when a good natured parent becomes the butt of the jokes while his/her children howl in the background.

In the past, I have seen musical acts, one featuring a combination bicycle/piano, and another featuring several saxophones, but I did not see either of these this summer (August).

I usually see these acts when we leave Epcot early, so I am going to guess that 8 to 9 PM is the peak time for these acts.

One of the frequent locations for these performances is right outside Seashore sweets, so you can watch while enjoying an ice cream.

If you are looking for an evening movie, the Beach Club is a short walk (or boat ride) away, and hosts nightly movies on the beach. The movie changes every night. A schedule is posted on the walkway near the beach, so you can check ahead of time and decide which movies interest you.

WDWForever
09-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I was there just a couple of weeks ago and the BWV were also showing movies on a grassy area by the pool. The street performers are great to watch. If its raining, I've seen them take their act into the BWV lobby.

Maleficent's Dad
09-06-2011, 08:53 PM
I know some resorts have movies by the pool? Are there activities for the kids during the day? How about on the Boardwalk itself? I understand there might be "acts" for us to stop and watch with the kids before heading back in for the night? About what time do they start? How long do they go on?
The Boardwalk has a "campfire" and movie nightly next to the pool. Not sure when they started doing this, but it occurred nightly throughout the summer. It's in the main pool area (Luna Park), but not "in" the pool itself.
There are lots of activities for the kids during the day - mostly around the main pool. CM's have hoola hoop contests, trivia, etc. Also, next door at the quiet pool, you have a Community Center that has all kinds of free activities for the kids.
The Boardwalk "acts" officially start at or after 6 PM. Give it 6:30 or 7:00 until things are in full swing. If it rains, performers do their "acts" in the lobby of the Boardwalk (at check-in area). The acts last about 15 minutes, give or take, and they go until midnight. Of course, they've been known to end earlier on quiet nights. Methinks they go later during holiday periods.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-07-2011, 09:39 PM
tHANK you all for the info! I am excited that they have outside movies right there at night. That would be great to take my daughters, while my husband brings our baby son into the resort to sleep!