PDA

View Full Version : Any help for my friends?

IloveJack
09-04-2011, 05:01 PM
My friends are in WDW right now (well, sort of) on their first ever trip to Disney. They arrived last night with their DD complaining of what they thought was a stomach virus. This morning, the pain was so bad that they had to take her to the ER. She was diagnosed with colitis/dehydration and is being admitted for at least the night. They are missing at least the first 2 days of their 6 day trip.
I remember reading in others' trip reports that often, when a visitor became ill on their trip, Disney would try to help them out. Is that just a random occurrence, or what? I'm not talking about a free day/night, just maybe something like a few extra fast passes.
I know we don't *deserve* anything from Disney; I just hate that this is their first trip, and they're spending the first two days at the hospital.

Strmchsr
09-04-2011, 05:50 PM
You can't count on anything, but you might call the manager at their resort, explain the situation and they might throw some magic their way if it's possible.

IloveJack
09-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks, Chris! I told them they aren't "wasting" their ticket days, as they have 14 days from date of first use, and they haven't used them yet.

They're a self-employed family, so they are thinking about extending their stay a couple of days, since they're on their own schedule. Right now, they're just worried about their DD, of course.

Would the resort (CSR) manager talk to me, or would they have to ask?

Strmchsr
09-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Would the resort (CSR) manager talk to me, or would they have to ask?

If you were calling and asking to discuss details of their reservation, the manager wouldn't be able to talk to you. However, if you called to talk to the manager and just informed him or her what was going on, they could definitely talk to you about that. Then you're giving information, not asking for information.