PDA

View Full Version : Disney Movie Theme Park Tie Ins

azcavalier
09-04-2011, 11:54 AM
So, the thread "Tarzan Used?" got me thinking...and it's actually a travel game that my family plays on the 12 hour drive to WDW each year. We, as parents, will list off a Disney movie...any movie...and challenge the kids to figure out where in the parks there is a tie in. Some are obvious and easy, such as Cinderella (for the little ones) or The Little Mermaid. But then you get into stuff like "101 Dalmations", and it gets a little trickier.

So, can you Intercotees think of some obscure ones? I challenge you. Go!

My first contribution: Who Framed Roger Rabbit - The taxi is on display at one of the DHS Quick Service locations, and I believe that Roger's silhouette (outline?) is visible in one of the windowshades on a second story DHS building.

crltkcagle
09-04-2011, 11:58 AM
What a great idea!!! Going to use this on our trip next week!!! Thanks!:mickey:

mydisneygirls
09-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Mary Poppins "Jolly Holiday" dress is at MGM. One of my favorite movies!

azcavalier
09-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Thought of another good one at dinner...where is Robin Hood represented?

johnO
09-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Does this game inlcude WDW in its entirety, to include the resorts? Or the parks only?

azcavalier
09-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Does this game inlcude WDW in its entirety, to include the resorts? Or the parks only?

Anywhere in WDW or DL. For example, Tarzan isn't represented at WDW. But it is at DL. That counts. And it can include the resorts, resorts, and waterparks.

I don't think that Downtown Disney counts though....

Main Street Jim
09-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Thought of another good one at dinner...where is Robin Hood represented?Wow...Tough one :) Hmmm...I can't think of a place (or thing) right off-hand...

Here's one...

Where is Disney's "Melody Time" represented? :)

johnO
09-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Where are the "Three Caballeros" represented, other then the Mexico Pavillion at Epcot?

Hog
09-22-2011, 05:09 PM
My first contribution: Who Framed Roger Rabbit - The taxi is on display at one of the DHS Quick Service locations, and I believe that Roger's silhouette (outline?) is visible in one of the windowshades on a second story DHS building.

There is a Roger Rabbit statue at Pop Century also...

IamBelle
09-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Where are the "Three Caballeros" represented, other then the Mexico Pavillion at Epcot?

The pool at All Star Music...also a poster in the queue of Philharmagic

azcavalier
09-22-2011, 10:41 PM

As far as i'm concerned, if they manage to work something in once, anywhere, then it counts. The fact that they have three different references to something as obscure as Three Caballeros is pretty impressive.

I'm not familiar with who the characters are in Melody Time, so I can't answer that question!

I can think of two references to Icabod Crane & The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Anyone?

Main Street Jim
09-23-2011, 01:25 AM
The "Melody Time reference is....Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Cafe' :)

One Ichabod Crane reference I know is the sign outside Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square, Magic Kingdom.

rafiki fan
09-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Wouldn't the Headless Horseman in the parade at MNSSHP count for Ichabod Crane?

azcavalier
09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
I would certainly count it, yes. How many places is Mr. Toad represented? What about Pinocchio? 101 Dalmatians? Aristocats? Is there an Oliver & Company reference anywhere?

PopPhan
09-27-2011, 01:59 PM
I would certainly count it, yes. How many places is Mr. Toad represented? What about Pinocchio? 101 Dalmatians? Aristocats? Is there an Oliver & Company reference anywhere?

Mr. Toad in the Haunted Mansion Pet Cemetary; Pinocchio - Pinoccio Village Haus in MK; Aristocats - Marie making appearances in France at World Showcase; Don't know about Oliver & Company as I don't know the film...

brownie
09-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Who Framed Roger Rabbit - The taxi is on display at one of the DHS Quick Service locations,

Unless they've changed it since the last time I ate there, it's the Weasels Toon Patrol truck that's on display at the Backlot Express.

and I believe that Roger's silhouette (outline?) is visible in one of the windowshades on a second story DHS building.

Eddie Valiant's Detective Agency is above the Hollywood & Vine restaurant, and yes, you can see Roger's silhouette.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? is also represented at Disneyland Toon Town with Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin.

japhilli
09-27-2011, 03:14 PM
We have a collection of over 400 Disney movies and shorts.

This past July on our trip to WDW we decided to try and find references to some of the old live action and much to our surprise we stumbled upon a reference to Follow Me Boys....it was on one of the posters in the train station on Main Street. It names the town Hickory and I believe it made some sort of reference to Lem Siddons(played by Fred McMurray). We were so excited to find this.

azcavalier
09-27-2011, 08:02 PM
We have a collection of over 400 Disney movies and shorts.

This past July on our trip to WDW we decided to try and find references to some of the old live action and much to our surprise we stumbled upon a reference to Follow Me Boys....it was on one of the posters in the train station on Main Street. It names the town Hickory and I believe it made some sort of reference to Lem Siddons(played by Fred McMurray). We were so excited to find this.

Now THAT'S what i'm talkin' about. I love to find references to Disney movies like this. I wonder if they have any references to "Moonspinners" anywhere. You would think that you would be able to find a reference to some of the old classics...Parent Trap, Escape to Witch Mountain, etc.

johnO
09-28-2011, 08:06 PM

Very good! I believe theyre also in the lobby of Coronado Springs Resort....

azcavalier
09-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Any Zorro references? How about Ol' Yeller? I can't think of any, but i'd love to know if there are some.

HackLaSalle
09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
For Mr. Toad you also have him handing over the deed to Owl in the Tree. The reference to Lady and the Tramp is my favorite.