PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at Narcoossee's

Checkers
09-03-2011, 05:07 PM
:mickey:My DH & I will be at WDW at the end of next month. We are not on the DP but will be using our TIW card. Since it is the F&WF we have decided to limit our TS dinner reservations but today I thought I should make another TS dinner ressie for our second day there. I was able to snag one for Narcoossee's and haven't eaten there for quite a number of years. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone would have.

Our other reservations are LeCellier & ViaNapoli for lunch and another dinner reservation at Flying Fish our last night there.

lynnek
09-03-2011, 05:27 PM
We really enjoyed our dinner here. The bisque was very good, my kids loved the lobsters, husband the surf and turf. Out of tons of different desserts at WDW the Almond Crusted cheesecake here was my favorite. It was soooo good!! We had done a day walking around F&W on the last Sat of F&W (very busy) and were really pleased to "get away" here for dinner. I was worried we wouldn't want to go--distance, not being hungry etc but it worked out well.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-04-2011, 10:03 PM
This is by far our favorite place to eat! We have it planned for our 1st meal of every trip!
The food is the most amazing we've had! Us 3 had the filet and it was cooked to perfection. We get the cheese/fruit plate for one of our appetizers. It is really unique. Some of the cheese comes from around the world. Our waiter explained it to us and how varied the age process and such are on these. He showed us how to "pair" up which fruit w/ which cheese. Alone, the cheese was weird but w/ the certain fruit it was amazing what the combinations do for each other. We have to do this each time now! Dawn also ate the Lobster and said it was absolutely the best she has had. She liked it better than Fultons. We went through about 3 pressed teas each as well here. At some of the other restaurants the pressed tea you pay out of pocket, even if you're on the DDP. Here you don't. Huge bonus for us because it's like $5 per each one.
Like the previous post, the Almond Crusted Cheesecake is to die for! We got the recipe from the chef on our way out! AMAZING!!!

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!

Dawn,Denis&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Checkers
09-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks everyone. My mouth is watering!!!! This month and a half can't go fast enough for me!

DebK
09-05-2011, 12:45 PM
This is one of my favorites! I always get the surf and turf with the almond crusted cheesecake for dessert......:thumbsup:

Hammer
09-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Narcoossee's is one of my favorite restaurants! The only thing I suggest is to enjoy the seafood dishes. The only time we were not happy here was when one of us got the pork and it was very overcooked and bland. Seafood and steak has always been excellent. If you want pork, go to California Grill and have the pork tenderloin with goat cheese polenta!

Add me to the list of people who love the almond crusted cheesecake (I get it without the cherry sauce) :tasty: !

T--
09-05-2011, 06:35 PM
The mussels are fantastic. They'll serve you some sourdough which is perfect for the broth.

Hang around for Wishes. They pipe the music in out on the porch and the boat dock.

WDWForever
09-06-2011, 11:28 AM
One of our favorites. Was just there a couple of weeks ago, started off with the bisque and fried calamari and then my wife got the lobster and I got the surf & turf. Really good food. It's one of our can't miss ADRs.

Mysttree
09-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Greetings all you Disney foodies!
My husband & I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the surf & turf with the "vanilla" sauce :cloud9:
It is no longer on the 'normal' menu- however you can still call ahead & request it.
It wonderfully compliments the lobster, I have NO idea why they changed the menu...except that a new chef came in a few years ago & wanted to make a few changes...
The butternut soup was also heavenly last time I had it...
Hope you enjoy your ressies- can't wait to hear your review!

TexasPrincessAurora
09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I always get the surf & turf. DH loves their soups. Any creme brulee we've ever had there was wonderful! The service is always impeccable. We try to time our visits along with the ELP and Wishes and snag a table close to the windows.