PDA

View Full Version : iPhones

caryrae
09-03-2011, 10:59 AM
I started thinking the other day, now that I have had smartphones since the iPhone 3GS and have the iPhone 4 now I almost feel like I am now kinda stuck with iPhones. I mean I love my iPhone but sometimes would like to try something with a much bigger screen but with all the apps and music from iTunes I have bought over the years I would hate to lose all that if I ever decided to step away from an iPhone. I know I could keep the phone and use it as an iPod touch but I like to sell them to help pay for the new model. Guess I will have to see what the iPhone 5 will bring to the table. A lot of rumors about it having a bigger screen but of course who knows how much bigger or even if it will bigger at all.

I had seen on the net about the Samsung Note that sounded really nice. It's suppose to be a phone between the size of a smartphone and a tablet. The screen is 5.3" which is big for a smartphone and will not be for everyone but I wouldn't mind a screen that big but from what I read there was no plans for it to come to the U.S.

DizneyRox
09-03-2011, 11:26 AM
If you want my take...

Android isn't ready for the masses. At least not in terms of "apps" and such. I know a lot of people who have Android based phone and they like them, however comparing my iPhone 4 to my Honeycomb tablet and I'd rather use my iPhone for most things.

I'm a techie and I prefer the ease of use of the iPhone. Granted, I jailbroke my phone about 1/2 hour after I got it home and most of the useful apps are only for jailbroken phones, but the iDevice overall is a better bet.

I just put a navigation system on my new car and it integrates incredibly well with my phone. For example, it supports the Pandora app on my phone, so on my touch screen, I can pick my channels, thumbs up, thumbs down, etc. All on my navigation screen, NOT the iPhone. I can play Netflix movies on the screen, Facebook (not that I do any of those). But iPhones are now a way of life (fortunately and unfortunately).

My next phone will be the iPhone 5 (once it's jailbreakable). I'm actually not interested in seeing what else is out there. Not being a Apple snob, I actually can't stand the company itself, but they make a good phone. Unlike Sony, I hate the company AND they make cruddy products.

caryrae
09-03-2011, 11:33 AM
A lot of my thoughts is probably because I have never used or even tried another smartphone before so I really can't compare them, i bet that if I did ever switch I would probably miss my iPhone a lot. I have loved the iTunes in the cloud service where you can re download any music or apps you bought through iTunes over the years super easily.

Jillirose
09-03-2011, 12:24 PM
but with all the apps and music from iTunes I have bought over the years I would hate to lose all that if I ever decided to step away from an iPhone.

Agree - Market strategy! It reminds me of way back when computers entered the classrooms of northern MI (20 or so years ago) and Apple gave every teacher a free Apple II GS. They had big floppy drives. Apple was the only company out there making educational software. When the free computers ended, schools stuck with Apple(for awhile) because they already had all the software.

I love my iPhone, even though it's old and slow :( But, you can't beat the interface and millions of apps!

Ian
09-03-2011, 03:10 PM
I've owned an iPhone for about two and a half years now and I've played with many an Android phone, as well.

I agree with Rox that the Android really isn't "ready" yet. Because it has to run on so many different hardware variants, it's just not stable enough.

For what I'm using it for, I find the iPhone to be a vastly superior platform. I'll definitely be grabbing a 5 as soon as it's available.

kakn7294
09-03-2011, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't trade my iPhone for any of the Android phones currently on the market. I love the ease of use, the size, and the availability of products for them. I can't imagine carrying around anything bigger unless it were for business purposes. This suits my needs just fine for a personal device. Add in the Disney Mobile Magic app and it would be perfect!

magicofdisney
09-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I tend to agree with DizneyRox regarding most techie topics. However, I do not agree that the most useful apps are for jailbroken phones. This almost goes without saying because all people have different needs.

My husband has an original Droid. It was super cool at first, but then I got an iPhone a couple of months later and he quickly became disappointed in his phone. We're just counting down the months before he's allowed to switch phones.

buzznwoodysmom
09-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Here is one suggestion...if you do venture away from the iphone, whatever you don't don't try the Blackberry. I just got rid of a Blackberry Torch. WORST PHONE EVER! I hated it so much that after just a few months I went in to our local AT&T store and traded it in for an iphone.

I only got the Blackberry because my son thought it was a cool phone and since we aren't ready to give in and let him get a cell phone I allowed him to pick my phone and told him we'd "share" it so he could start showing us he's matrue and responsible enough for a phone. Even he hated the phone that he picked!

princessgirls
09-05-2011, 12:17 PM
My husband has an Android...

I have the I-Phone 4.

Mine hands down ROCKS!!!! Just on a simple battery level. Mine far outpaced him while in WDW. My husband was moving shrubs to find an outlet to power up at.

I used my apps and stuff on my phone all day, and I still had 20% battery left at the end of the day. I did need to be in touch at home, as Irene was causing all kinds of chaos.
The color is better, the pictures are better, it's easy to use. The battery life is better.
Just saying....
Julie:mickey:

DisneyDog
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
My husband and I have both tried other smartphones. They just can't compare to the iphone. My DH has a Droid for a few months and quickly went back to the iphone4. That Droid was a nightmare. It had features you couldn't turn off for nighttime...like, it made sound when the phone finished charging, and woke me up every night. Grrrr. Also, the battery life was terrible. The iphone4 has really improved on the battery life and is quite good compared to others. But, just for ease of use, nothing can compare to the iphone4. Don't waste your time or especially your money.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
I am definitely getting my hands on an iPhone 5 when it comes out!

I have owned the original and now the 3GS.
:smickey: