PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me about Citricos

Zawadi
09-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Looking to book a special meal for DW Birthday during our Dec trip. Quite like the look of the menu at Citricos. Not on DDP, so cost will be OOP. Would like to hear of your dining experiences there.

big blue and hairy
09-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Citrico's is on the dining plan as a signature restaurant, costing two sit down credits. It is a beautiful restaurant with great food and great service. IMHO it is worth the two credits.

:sulley:

faline
09-03-2011, 03:46 PM
We first dined here for Valentine's Day 7 or so years ago. We've also had at least one (maybe 2) anniversary dinners here. The food is very good and the atmosphere is quite nice. Service has been excellent. Whenever I ask my husband where he wants to dine, Citrico's is at the top of his list.

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Our Ratings of Citricos: (rev 6/18/2011)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: A
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff helpfulness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Citricos is a gracious and relaxing place to eat
at GF. It has a Mediterranean flair, but is highly tailored
to the American taste. We are fond of the Veal Shank for
the entree. Try the duck confit & cheese ravioli for the
appetizer, and the chilled asparagus & ham for the salad
course. Citricos is only one of five sitdown eateries we
patronize at WDW, and only one of the two that are owned
by Disney. The menu, service and price are definitely upscale.
Valet parking is not validated.

Zawadi
09-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the responses.

An ADR has been made for DW's birthday meal.

VWL Mom
09-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Zawadi, hope you have a great meal for DW's birthday!

I had switched our November Narcoossee to Citricos. Looking forward to trying something new.

Joannelet
09-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Zawadi, have a wonderful time celebrating your wife's birthday in WDW! :)
I am sure no matter where you eat, you both will have a wonderful time!!! :mickey:

artyboy
09-05-2011, 01:58 PM
One of our favorite restaurants in WDW...lovely, ever-changing menu, excellent service, gorgeous room...a little pricey, but well worth it!

DebK
09-05-2011, 02:57 PM
We had a great meal there in June. The filet was delicious and then I had a tasty lemon cheesecake for dessert.....

disneykidsince1970
09-06-2011, 06:43 AM
I spent the millenium NYE at Citrico's with my extended family. It was totally awesome. At midnight, we went into the main lobby where there were 1000s of black/white balloons raining down from teh ceiling. After, we were back at Citrico's dancing the night away... We've also done the chef's table some years ago - don't know if they still do it - but it is a private table (quite large as I recall - probably had to seat at least 12 of us) in teh middle of the restaurant. Very special - with personalized menus and everything.

They also make an excellent expresso martini!

ENJOY!

RichGuy
09-09-2011, 11:13 PM
We've been once. Food and service were what you would expect, ambiance was typical for an upscale hotel restaurant. Overall very enjoyable, I prefer Citricos to Narcoossee's, but that's not to say it's "better."

Get a later seating to avoid the young families/noisy kids. It seems that Citrico's is the restaurant of choice for young, well paid, tech workers who are pulling out all the stops on vacation.

brivers222
11-30-2011, 04:29 PM
This is going to sound silly (it sure is as i am typing it)... but I just changed my Cindy Castle dinner (our 1 month wedding anniversary) over to Citricos.... I am thinking this will be an amazing dinner for our actual 1st month anniversary on our DISNEYmoon!

I know i know Citricos is no comparision to Cindy's castle... thats the sillyness i am talking about. MUCH better use of 2 credits ;)

DebK
11-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Brandon, the food is better at Citricos for sure than the dinner in the castle.......I've done both!

brivers222
11-30-2011, 08:03 PM
yeah, i am glad to hear that... with MK staying open until 12pm with emhs we can boat on over (or monorail if we can get done before 10pm shutdown) to MK to finish off the night :)

wdw dude
12-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Hope it's good...I'll be dining there for the first time in a few days!

:mickey:

SBETigg
12-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Citricos is on our list of favorites. Good food (creative cuisine with mediterranean and European influences), relaxing atmosphere, wonderful staff. I think it's a great choice for an adult celebration.

I think Citricos sees all different types of patrons. Old, young, vacationers, locals, singles, couples, not as many (but some) families with young children.