PDA

View Full Version : National Harbor in Maryland

CaptainSad
09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I was down at National Harbor on the Potomac River just outside DC last week on vacation. Yes I felt the Earthquake. It was announced a year ago that they had purchased 16 acres for a Disney hotel and Water park to be built on land behind the Wyndham Resort. As of yet there has been no ground breaking. Has anybody heard about a time table as to when they will start? I also understand that this will not be a DVC resort.

iceicebritney
09-02-2011, 09:27 AM
I thought I read somewhere recently that the DC project was on an "indefinite hold."

However, I hope this is not true. I frequent the DC area and I would definitely stay at a Disney resort. I'm still bummed Disney's America didn't happen:(

BrerGnat
09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Yes, this resort was announced prior to the economic downturn. Disney still owns the land, so they can keep it and eventually develop it, or sell it. I hope they eventually do build this resort, although I'm not holding my breath.

CaptainSad
09-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I belong to Wyndham resorts. I was told by people there that it is still coming but they don't know when. They also stole one of the Museums from DC. The National Kids Museum is coming there also. It was my first visit to National Harbor. I love it. It is a self contained area. It has it's own exit off of Route 95. It has it's own Metro bus that goes to the nearest Metro station on Branch Ave. All it really needs is a Grocery store and Gas station (which is being built now). The restaurants are a little pricey but good. Cadillac Ranch is awesome. I will be back in 2 years... But my next vacation is in October of 2012 at WDW.