PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about Sept crowds

cather74
09-02-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm going in 3 weeks and I just saw they have extended hours in some restaraunts. I thought September wasn't typically that crowded even with the free dining......Can someone make me feel better?.... because now I'm having visions of a mob scene with mickey ears.:(

BigRedDad
09-02-2011, 08:21 AM
The projections for crowd levels are supposed to be as low as always. Look at it another way, you can control it, so don't stress it.

Butters
09-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I've been in sept twice... Each time the restaurants were packed but never waited more than 15 min for any ride except TSM

Strmchsr
09-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Crowds are forecast to be up this year over previous years (again), so they may not be extremely low, BUT, the parks won't be crowded either. The restaurants are packed because everyone attending is on the DDP with the "free" dining promotion. So, nothing to worry about. Just enjoy yourself. 18 days for us! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Exactly! With free dining the restaurants are packed, but the parks are just fine.

You shouldn't have any super-crazy lines, except when checking in for you ADR's.

Enjoy your trip!

mudpuppysmom
09-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Crowds are forecast to be up this year over previous years (again), so they may not be extremely low, BUT, the parks won't be crowded either. The restaurants are packed because everyone attending is on the DDP with the "free" dining promotion. So, nothing to worry about. Just enjoy yourself. 18 days for us! :mickey:

We've been a few times the end of Sept and free dining was in effect......yes restaurants were busy but the parks were not bad.

Going back in 25 days!:mickey:

PopPhan
09-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Don't concern yourself overly about the dining situation...Free Dining always packs the 'sit down' restaurants...We have been going every September since the free dining promotions started (2005) and have pretty much had no problems with lines - other than the "E" ticket attractions (TSMM, Soarin', EE [although that has calmed down some as well]) - mostly 20 - 30 minute "waits" (which, with WDW theming, are pretty much 'walk through the queue and get on!!')

11 more days 'til we are at 'The House of Mouse!!'

SandmanGStefani24
09-02-2011, 11:01 AM
dont know about you guys, but when i visited in September it was packed...

The one thing I can say though, is that the dining situation was actually quite pleasant. Maybe everyone was trying to ride something, but whenever I tried to eat anywhere I found zero issues. Quick if not instant seating, plenty of space, clean restaurants and speedy service.

So, expect crowds, drink plenty of water, and eat to your heart's content.! :party:

mydisneygirls
09-02-2011, 12:28 PM
I can take a little bit of a crowd, but we are leaving in 15 days and I'm worried about the weather!

Strmchsr
09-02-2011, 12:33 PM
I can take a little bit of a crowd, but we are leaving in 15 days and I'm worried about the weather!

What's worrying you about the weather? It should be pretty normal - hot and humid.

mydisneygirls
09-02-2011, 12:43 PM
It being hurricane season. Didn't think of it when I booked.

darthmacho
09-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Take this advice from someone who worries about everything himself: Be afraid. Be very afraid. :thedolls:

Just kidding, of course. The real advice is: Crowds and weather are two things that you cannot control. Accept that those things will be whatever they are and concentrate on the things you can control, like what delicious free dessert your going to have at your first ADR. You're going to WDW! Enjoy! Make the rest of us who have to wait a year jealous! :mickey:

ledudes
09-02-2011, 12:54 PM
We always go in Septemebr and have never had any overly large crowds. I have been at quieter times of year, but also much busier times (like school breaks) No need to worry, just plan ahead for the big popular stuff like Soarin and of course the Toy Story ride and get a fast pass early to be safe.

mydisneygirls
09-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Very funny Darthmacho!!!! :D I know there is no control over weather, I just don't like flying especially in bad weather!!! Yes we are going BUT it's been 4 years since last visit. That being said, did I miss something the last time we were there. What is the Toy Story ride? Is that Buzz Lightyear?

Strmchsr
09-02-2011, 01:29 PM
What is the Toy Story ride? Is that Buzz Lightyear?

That's a reference to Toy Story Mania in DHS.

As for hurricane season - yes, it's a big risk to book this time of the year. However, the current pattern is such that hurricanes should be deflected away from Florida. That could change, of course, and I suggest keeping a check on the weather forecast thread in vacation planning forum for updates, but I don't see any issues for you right now.

cather74
09-02-2011, 03:05 PM
We just got hit with Irene. I told my sister I need this trip so badly I dont care if there is a hurricane . The hurricane should be scared of me. Nothing comes between me and WDW!!!!!!:thumbsup:

PETE FROM NYC
09-02-2011, 05:43 PM
We went the last 2 Septs. Prior trips were usually mid-March.
I found the Sept crowds easier to manage for the attractions, the restaurants were another story.

jonahbear2006
09-02-2011, 07:02 PM
September isnt busy and i remember having the same anticipation as this and being pleasantly suprised and a castmember told me people dont come down there just for free dining. it will be ok. we always have 5-10 min wait times on rides, usually its as fast as you can get to the front

Lovin'ThatMouse
09-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I have been in September twice and both times found the crowds to be quite manageable! It was during Free Dining. Restraunts were busy but parks were fine. I always had ADRs there was never any waiting! I love September! It's not too hot and the crowds are nothing like June! Enjoy!!

johnO
09-04-2011, 08:13 PM
We've gone a few times in September, crowds are usually really low, and the weather not bad either.

Disneyfirsttimer
09-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Last year was out first September trip (9/8 to 9/12) and we fell in love :cloud9:. Almost never used a FP cause we never needed it. Arrived our first day at DHS around 1pm and my DH and DS rode ToT and RNRC like 3x each with no wait. Now TSM was another story. Didn't ride that at all as FP was sold out and it was our only day in DHS.

This year we are going later as we booked to coincide with our kids days off from school. Rosh Hashanah is later this year so our trip is 9/27 to 10/2. A little concerned as MNSSHP and F&W starts but I'm sill certain it will be better than Spring Break :thumbsup:.

20 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!! :mickey:

Karyn

Daisy'sMom
09-08-2011, 11:01 AM
What's worrying you about the weather? It should be pretty normal - hot and humid.

I see there are a few storms out there right now. We have folks flying from New England next Thursday for our reunion. What do you think about this storm and do you think it will affect travel?

Strmchsr
09-08-2011, 01:11 PM
I see there are a few storms out there right now. We have folks flying from New England next Thursday for our reunion. What do you think about this storm and do you think it will affect travel?

I think you'll be fine. It looks like Maria should curve off shore with no impact on the US, though keep a check in the weather forecast thread for any changes. The one that might be the bigger concern is Nate, down in the Gulf. This morning and afternoon models are now bringing Nate into the Central Gulf coast (LA-AL) as a minor hurricane next weekend (around Sept 17-18) and then up towards the northeast, similar to what just happened with Lee. That could create some minor travel issues, but that's a long way out and too early to say what will end up happening.

crltkcagle
09-08-2011, 02:30 PM
We are leaving tonight and the storms are worrying me as well. I am from New Orleans so I am concerned with nate hitting here and Maria producing just enough rain to make disney miserable! I am keeping my fingers crosses that the storms stay away!

HEADING TO THE WORLD TONIGHT!!!!!

epceddie
09-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Good luck to everybody as far as the weather goes. My brother-in-law and his family got stuck at WDW for an additional five days because of flight problems arising from Irene.
My wife and I will be heading to WDW on Sept. 24. We love going in September and hope that our streak of good weather continues. We have our fingers crossed for EVERYBODY during the hurricane season.

Strmchsr
09-08-2011, 04:42 PM
We are leaving tonight and the storms are worrying me as well. I am from New Orleans so I am concerned with nate hitting here and Maria producing just enough rain to make disney miserable!

You don't have anything to worry about with Maria. It'll be well east of WDW. Nate could be a different story for New Orleans. Several of the models this afternoon have reversed course and are now showing Nate possibly moving towards the LA-AL region late next week.