PDA

View Full Version : "Out of date' rides

McLiberal8
09-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I was just listening to Sorcerer Radio, and they had the full ride audio for Ellen's Energy Adventure. I like the ride a lot, mainly because it has Bill Nye, who I watched on a daily basis when I was a kid, but I was thinking: I can imagine a lot of kids these days don't even know who he is, and Ellen looks very '90s' in the ride, also. When do you think they will update this ride? Or do you think it will be replaced in a few years? What other rides in your opinion (besides the classics, of course) seem outdated, and need a facelift/to be gone?

Mfarquar
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Definitely Ellen's Energy Adventure! I completely agree.

Star Tours used to be my #1 in need of replacing, but Energy Adventure has taken over that position.

The Backlot Tour at the Studios needs to be updated as well - it has SUCH potential. Ironically, I think the original version is much more interesting and relevant than what they've got going on now. The Pearl Harbor section especially has to go - it wasn't even that much of a hit and came out forever ago! I'd love them to keep it as a Backlot Tour, but really have interesting behind the scenes stuff!

Goofeygal
09-01-2011, 07:56 PM
I love that ride.

texas211
09-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Muppets 3d, PhilHarmagic.

I miss the old Lion King show, that was kinda like the Nemo show at Ak. Not a big fan of the current Lion King show.

Pop Centurion
09-01-2011, 09:02 PM
UOE could use some sort of update to freshen it up since it has become a little boring to me. But I couldn't imagine it with new characters. Even though Bill Nye isn't very relevant now days, there's really no other person who could fill that slot. I mean there's really no educational shows out that you can even look at for a replacement. Elen's still pretty popular because of her show & I like her for the part anyway.

Backlot Tour definitely needs some major refreshment. I agree that the Pearl Harbor scene needs to be replaced but the attraction also needs a lot more excitement throughout the ride. Catastrophy Canyon just isn't cutting it.

DNS
09-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I would agree that many things at the Studios need updating. Backlot tour, Indiana Jones, Muppets. Unlike some though, I still love UOE. I think Innoventions needs updated for sure. The race track at MK is really something I associate with the long gone past.

MickeysBestPal
09-02-2011, 03:04 PM
The Tiki Room is very dated.
It needs a complete new...

Oh.

Never mind.

darthmacho
09-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Good points so far, and I'd add the entire Imagination Pavilion. Without changing anything about the amazing outside structure, they should gut the inside and "re-imagine" the attractions inside. Something as exciting, fun, and imaginative as Fantasmic (also Imagination themed) except in ride form. So long as they keep Figment... :figment:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Ellen Energy Ride
Backlot Tour
Great Movie Ride

bertasso59
09-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I know its a classic,but over the years Ive gotten a bit weary of the same scipt and jokes on Jungle Cruise.Id like to see it changed to Jungle Book Cruise with the characters and great songs from that film added

big blue and hairy
09-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Sounds Dangerous...

Hands down the worst attraction in WDW. A total waste of space.

:sulley:

MissMaryPoppins
09-02-2011, 11:01 PM
I think Imagination needs an update. With technology advancing so much in the almost 30 years since EPCOT opened, it could be amazing. I agree with keeping Figment a part of it. Last summer 2 of my cousins came for a visit and we were in EPCOT for a day. As we were getting off of Maelstorm one of cousins pointed out that a lot of the rides in the park were "corny" but they were fun to go on anyway. He was totally right and I had to laugh at how dead on he was.

Mfarquar
09-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Good points so far, and I'd add the entire Imagination Pavilion. Without changing anything about the amazing outside structure, they should gut the inside and "re-imagine" the attractions inside. Something as exciting, fun, and imaginative as Fantasmic (also Imagination themed) except in ride form. So long as they keep Figment... :figment:

Couldn't agree more!

Although, I vote for Muppets to stay exactly the same (maybe just digitizing/cleaning up the film, as I've heard rumored). It was the final project Jim Henson created. It's classic Muppets and I think the humor and imagination still stand the test of time. So much in fact, I kinda feel like Philharmagic copied with the whole Donald Duck animatronic at the back of the theater at the end (Swedish Chef!). If they changed the Muppets, I think there would be a LARGE number of angry Muppet fans. I do strongly support them sprucing up the surrounding area and gift shop, however. I'd love to see the Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beeker robot brought into the Studios!

MickeysBestPal
09-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I vote for Muppets to stay exactly the same (maybe just digitizing/cleaning up the film, as I've heard rumored).

Muppets 3D stopped using film in 2010.

It's a fully-clean digital projection system now.

texas211
09-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Might be cleaned up, but still needs some work. Maybe improve the theater effects.

PirateLover
09-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Couldn't agree more!

Although, I vote for Muppets to stay exactly the same (maybe just digitizing/cleaning up the film, as I've heard rumored). It was the final project Jim Henson created. It's classic Muppets and I think the humor and imagination still stand the test of time. So much in fact, I kinda feel like Philharmagic copied with the whole Donald Duck animatronic at the back of the theater at the end (Swedish Chef!). If they changed the Muppets, I think there would be a LARGE number of angry Muppet fans. I do strongly support them sprucing up the surrounding area and gift shop, however. I'd love to see the Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beeker robot brought into the Studios!

Might be cleaned up, but still needs some work. Maybe improve the theater effects.

The theater effects definitely need to be fixed. Saw Muppet*Vision twice last week, the water effect didn't work at all one time, and the Swedish Chef was not in operation at all. I also think they could add some effects.

A Big Kid
09-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Sounds Dangerous...

Hands down the worst attraction in WDW. A total waste of space.

^like.

I wonder who imagineered that....and I hope his/her fellow imagineers razz him/her everday about it.

Mfarquar
09-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Muppets 3D stopped using film in 2010.

It's a fully-clean digital projection system now.

Good to know. I haven't been since 2009. I knew it was on the roster of things "to do", but didn't realize it was completed.

texas211
09-04-2011, 10:17 AM
^like.

I wonder who imagineered that....and I hope his/her fellow imagineers razz him/her everday about it.

I feel the same way about Stitch. Just horrible.

Jac_Sparrow
09-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Even though Bill Nye isn't very relevant now days, there's really no other person who could fill that slot. I mean there's really no educational shows out that you can even look at for a replacement. it.

Universe of Energy with the Mythbusters!

WDWfanatic742
09-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh My Gosh...YES +1 :thumbsup:

It won't be quite the same style but if that is what it takes to update it, I'd be on board for sure...

johnO
09-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Mythbusters is even outdated nowadays. The show isnt even being filmed anymore.

Sounds Dangerous needs replacement, not updating....

big blue and hairy
09-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Sounds Dangerous needs replacement, not updating....

That's what I meant, actually. From a technical standpoint, it is ridiculously simple and unimaginative.

Mousemates
09-05-2011, 11:35 AM

:thumbsup:

waymickey
09-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Rides that need updates and not just genx que lines-

Stitch -get rid of it new ride completely.
Buzz Light year spin- very dated not fun at all next to TSM
Imagination- Bring back more of the old ride and do something with the wasted space after the ride. I miss the rainbow tunnel.
The back lot tour- It is boring now. I liked it better when you walked through sets and swa the houses .

MickeysBestPal
09-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Mythbusters is even outdated nowadays. The show isnt even being filmed anymore.

Where did you find that info?

texas211
09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
I saw the show started filming again in April 2011.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-05-2011, 07:29 PM
I saw the show started filming again in April 2011.

You are correct - Mythbusters is still filming and airing new episodes.

Mfarquar
09-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Yes, and they are more popular than ever. Our university recently hosted them and it was the most popular event of the year.

I think they are the most recognizable science-related stars and their show is mostly family-oriented.

Great idea! :thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
09-05-2011, 11:21 PM
The Tomorrowland Speedway surely MUST be the next in line for an overhaul! As the whole "Tomorrowland" theming in that area has kinda fallen by the wayside, that leaves the options for that area WIDE open. But in keeping with the original idea, perhaps a TRON inspired attraction would be the natural choice. Dark...indoor...maybe something to do with the very cool cycles they ride, or the "ring" fighting thing they do.

Mogie
09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah Ellen's ride is due. That boat ride in Mexico is just so weird and out of place. All it has are flat screens with Donald Duck, I dont get it, I think its probably just filler to get people off other rides and into line when the park is packed. Imagination needs an overhaul or demolition as well.

Biolante
09-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Oh My Gosh...YES +1 :thumbsup:

It won't be quite the same style but if that is what it takes to update it, I'd be on board for sure...

Those people are ugly as hek. I don't really need to see their hideous bearded faces blown up on a humongous screen and have to bear their nerdy humor. The ride is honeslty fine. Not everything has to be current. News flash, for Mysth Busters fans, but that show's heyday will probably eclipse soon if it hasn't occurred already. Comparatively at least Ellen and Jeopardy are still contemporary and will probalby remain so for a very logn time. Also the stars of an attaction don't need to be contemporary either or you'll be continuously replacing them every five years.

Instead of "reimagining" rides that are perfectly fine as they are for audiences with a 2 second attention span, how about fixing rides that are broken or you know actually building completely new attractions?

akaDisneyDreamer
09-06-2011, 05:39 PM
I know its a classic,but over the years Ive gotten a bit weary of the same scipt and jokes on Jungle Cruise.Id like to see it changed to Jungle Book Cruise with the characters and great songs from that film added

:thumbsup: Fantastic Idea!

Biolante
09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
:thumbsup: Fantastic Idea!

Terrible idea. One of the great things about Magic Kingdom and Disney Land is that there are rides that don't need random character tie-ins to be effective. "Disney Magic" isn't only about characters and certain animated movies.

texas211
09-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Those people are ugly as hek. I don't really need to see their hideous bearded faces blown up on a humongous screen and have to bear their nerdy humor.

I must disagree... Kari Byron.

DisneyKim22
09-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Most definitely for me would be the Backlot Tour. It's lost all appeal for me - and didn't excite the last few "newbies" I took with us on the last couple trips. I agree with the previous poster who said that there is a LOT of potential with this ride. It should be an Imagineer's dream to update this one.

As for all the mentions of the Jungle Cruise.... I agree and I don't. I am a proponent of leaving the classics as they are. I haven't ridden this is some time, not because I think the ride or the narration needs to be updated, but because the Cast Members seemed to be bored. I am sure some of you can point to a few good boat captains that were still enthusiastic -- I just wish they were all like that. Maybe it just needs a Cast Member refurbishment?

In that same line of thinking, the Great Movie Ride comes to mind. I LOVE the ride and wouldn't change a thing. Just update the Cast Member/Driver enthusiasm.

WDWfanatic742
09-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Those people are ugly as hek. I don't really need to see their hideous bearded faces blown up on a humongous screen and have to bear their nerdy humor. The ride is honeslty fine. Not everything has to be current. News flash, for Mysth Busters fans, but that show's heyday will probably eclipse soon if it hasn't occurred already. Comparatively at least Ellen and Jeopardy are still contemporary and will probalby remain so for a very logn time. Also the stars of an attaction don't need to be contemporary either or you'll be continuously replacing them every five years.

Instead of "reimagining" rides that are perfectly fine as they are for audiences with a 2 second attention span, how about fixing rides that are broken or you know actually building completely new attractions?

You certainly don't hide your opinions do you?

Personally, I hope they never ever change Universe of Energy from the current version of EEA as I grew up with it and love it. It's up there on my list of the best Disney attractions around.

However, I'm a realist. Most things in Disney aren't going to stay around forever. The only things that will are things that Walt actually had a hand in making/designing/imagining. Even then not everything is immune, with examples at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. So instead of being stubborn and wanting everything to stay the same forever, I'm willing to give them a chance to update the attraction by updating the films/ride tech/pre-show and more, while using the same basic premise of the original versions, over them just demolishing a great attraction for a thrill ride that would be ten times easier for them to do (Which you can see examples of Disney doing exactly that right next door from Universe of Energy)

Biolante
09-07-2011, 12:57 AM
You certainly don't hide your opinions do you?

Personally, I hope they never ever change Universe of Energy from the current version of EEA as I grew up with it and love it. It's up there on my list of the best Disney attractions around.

However, I'm a realist. Most things in Disney aren't going to stay around forever. The only things that will are things that Walt actually had a hand in making/designing/imagining. Even then not everything is immune, with examples at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. So instead of being stubborn and wanting everything to stay the same forever, I'm willing to give them a chance to update the attraction by updating the films/ride tech/pre-show and more, while using the same basic premise of the original versions, over them just demolishing a great attraction for a thrill ride that would be ten times easier for them to do (Which you can see examples of Disney doing exactly that right next door from Universe of Energy)

Ellen's Energy Adventure still has a decent amount of people going into it. Being a realist has nothing to do with it. I just think that particular idea is extremely bad. It doesn't make sense either. What are they going to do "bust myths" related to energy? Ellen, Bill Nye, and Alex also aren't nearly as hideous as the Myth Busters. We don't really need to be scaring children with guys that look like stereotypical 55 year old comic book nerds. Nothing about the storyline of the ride is outdated either. 4 year olds aren't going to know who Jamie Lee Curtis and Ellen are anyways, so does it even matter who is cast?

My point still remains, why dump money to completely altering something like the Universe of Energy that doesn't seem that broken when the Horizons and Wonders of Life pavilions are sitting empty? A new thrill ride would actually be nice, but it seems like Epcot has become Disney's red-headed step child despite being the third most visited amusement park on the planet.

Disney Hungarian
09-07-2011, 01:35 AM
My point still remains, why dump money to completely altering something like the Universe of Energy that doesn't seem that broken when the Horizons and Wonders of Life pavilions are sitting empty?
News flash: Horizons was bulldozed years ago and Mission Space is now in it's sacred place.

McLiberal8
09-07-2011, 02:46 AM
why dump money to completely altering something like the Universe of Energy that doesn't seem that broken

I think that would be up to interpretation of the word 'broken'.

Every time I go into Universe of Energy, I see people sleeping. There is no applause when it's over with - just people meandering out of a long boring air-conditioned show.

I love Bill Nye - I grew up watching the guy every day. But the most coverage his face has gotten in the past 10 years is the occasional science news commentary on CNN. And to kids who don't know how Ellen looked in the 90s, i'd say she is near unrecognizable in that attraction.

I agree that Mythbusters might be a fleeting choice, but so is Ellen and Bill Nye, and that hasn't stopped you from defending it. They are the face of science for a lot of people, as Bill Nye was in the 90s. I can see how the idea might work. And I happen to think Adam from Mythbusters is pretty darn good-looking. :D

Biolante
09-07-2011, 03:09 AM
News flash: Horizons was bulldozed years ago and Mission Space is now in it's sacred place.

No kidding. Part of it is still there though, unless you haven't actually been to Epcot in the past 20 years and only read about it. They could still create a new Horizons of some sort with the unused space. It would probably be an excellent idea, since its one of the most popular retired attractions.

I think that would be up to interpretation of the word 'broken'.

Every time I go into Universe of Energy, I see people sleeping. There is no applause when it's over with - just people meandering out of a long boring air-conditioned show.

I love Bill Nye - I grew up watching the guy every day. But the most coverage his face has gotten in the past 10 years is the occasional science news commentary on CNN. And to kids who don't know how Ellen looked in the 90s, i'd say she is near unrecognizable in that attraction.

I agree that Mythbusters might be a fleeting choice, but so is Ellen and Bill Nye, and that hasn't stopped you from defending it. They are the face of science for a lot of people, as Bill Nye was in the 90s. I can see how the idea might work. And I happen to think Adam from Mythbusters is pretty darn good-looking. :D

Ellen has one of the biggest daytime television talk shows on TV. She's probably in the top twenty or thirty most recognizable celebrities in the United States. She's actually more successful now then when she made the ride.

But why this obsession with making sure the people on an attraction are as aged as they are now? Do they have to update the rides every year so people don't nitpick about them not having as much wrinkles as they should? Should they also update it to match their current hairdos as well? Fact is, whoever they put in there will be "outdated" eventually, so the idea of replacing them with more "current" fly by night celebrities to keep it updated is kind of an idiotic way to burn money that could be used on something that's actually new. I don't know why places like Universal, Cedar Point, etc. can actually introduce new rides on a consistent basis, while Disney only spends peanuts to update existing ones with slight tinkering no one actually asked for.

I also don't know why people would erupt into applause after a theme park attraction. That in itself seems like a really corny thing to do that most people with self respect would resfrain from doing.

SpecJoe Magic
09-07-2011, 05:40 AM
No kidding. Part of it is still there though, unless you haven't actually been to Epcot in the past 20 years and only read about it. They could still create a new Horizons of some sort with the unused space. It would probably be an excellent idea, since its one of the most popular retired attractions.

Please explain to me what you are talking about. You said in an earlier post that Horizons is sitting empty and when someone told you that you were wrong, you respond by acting like you knew that the whole time. Then you proceed to say that part of Horizons is still there. Where? Horizons, to the best of my knowledge, is completely gone with only bits and pieces of it remaining intact and some of it is being used inside the One Man's Dream attraction at Hollywood Studios. Where is this unused space that you are referring to?

As an aside, Horizons was my favorite Epcot attraction. In fact, it was one of my favorite attractions in all of WDW, but it's never coming back in any shape or form. I've just chosen to accept that. As much as I would like to think that bringing it back is a good idea, in reality it probably wouldn't go over that well in today's world and would end up being a financial disaster.

Biolante
09-07-2011, 06:40 AM
Please explain to me what you are talking about. You said in an earlier post that Horizons is sitting empty and when someone told you that you were wrong, you respond by acting like you knew that the whole time. Then you proceed to say that part of Horizons is still there. Where? Horizons, to the best of my knowledge, is completely gone with only bits and pieces of it remaining intact and some of it is being used inside the One Man's Dream attraction at Hollywood Studios. Where is this unused space that you are referring to?

As an aside, Horizons was my favorite Epcot attraction. In fact, it was one of my favorite attractions in all of WDW, but it's never coming back in any shape or form. I've just chosen to accept that. As much as I would like to think that bringing it back is a good idea, in reality it probably wouldn't go over that well in today's world and would end up being a financial disaster.

Part of the pavilion is still in tact. In fact, last I recall the word "Horizons" was still on the door. You can reach it via one of the walk ways.

Anyways, this is getting into semantics, my point was simply they could make a new Horizons instead of wasting time on other pavilions that have already been refurbished.

And of course they could bring it back in some form. They just brought back Captain E-O for cripe's sake. I don't see how a new attraction could be a "finanical disaster" especially when competition is kind of slim from the other attractions at Epcot. Disney really needs to start sinking some money into the park already.

SpecJoe Magic
09-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Part of the pavilion is still in tact. In fact, last I recall the word "Horizons" was still on the door. You can reach it via one of the walk ways.

Anyways, this is getting into semantics, my point was simply they could make a new Horizons instead of wasting time on other pavilions that have already been refurbished.

And of course they could bring it back in some form. They just brought back Captain E-O for cripe's sake. I don't see how a new attraction could be a "finanical disaster" especially when competition is kind of slim from the other attractions at Epcot. Disney really needs to start sinking some money into the park already.

I was under the impression that the entire Horizons building had been destroyed, but it sounds like maybe a small part of the building is still there based on what you say. That does not really matter, though, as the attraction is, for all intents and purposes, gone and that small part that remains makes no difference.

As I said before, I was a huge fan of Horizons, but building a new version of Horizons would be going backwards. I agree that they need to sink some more money into the park, but there are numerous better ways to do it instead of trying to bring back Horizons. It's time for the park to move forward. Epcot as it was is history. It was great while it lasted but Horizons isn't the only thing that made it what it was. World of Motion is gone, the original Journey Into Imagination is gone, Wonders of Life is gone, etc. It's time for Epcot to advance and become a great and complete park. This can happen by refurbishing and updating current attractions (even if they've already been refurbished before) and by using all of the empty space to create new, exciting attractions. I think we both want the park to improve. We just have different ideas on how to accomplish that.

Comparing the return of Captain E-O to the return of Horizons is like comparing an anthill to a mountain, financially speaking. Bringing back Captain E-O was absurdly inexpensive and was a surefire cash-in on Michael Jackson's death. The theater was already there. All they had to do was change the film. Rebuilding Horizons would cost a huge amount of money, likely in excess of $100 million, and would take money away from other potential projects. Yes, they could rebuild Horizons in some form, but that form would probably be a lackluster shadow of its former self and I don't think anyone would want to tarnish its memory in that way.

Ian
09-07-2011, 09:53 AM
As far as I'm aware, no portions of the original Horizons building remains. There are pictures readily available all over the 'Net showing the space after the Horizons building was demolished as as best I can tell none of the original building was left standing.

Now I may be wrong ... perhaps it's off to one side in the picture and can't be seen, but I'm close to 100% sure that they tore down the entire original structure before building Mission: Space.

If Mufasa pops into this thread he'll confirm/deny for us I'm certain.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Horizons Info -
"The attraction officially opened on October 1, 1983, as part of Phase II of Epcot. Horizons originally closed in 1994 after General Electric ended sponsorship of the attraction. It was temporarily reopened in 1995 due to the closure of other attractions for refurbishment in "Future World." The attraction permanently closed on January 9, 1999, after which the attraction was dismantled and its structure demolished to make room for Mission: SPACE, a motion simulator thrill ride that officially opened on October 9, 2003."

Biolante
09-07-2011, 01:07 PM
There is a building left of Horizons on one of the elevated concrete walkways. It isn't the main pavilion you'd see in fliers or whatever. However, it's still a building that was part of the structure. Possibly the exit for the ride or something along those lines. You can recognize it due to the fact it still says Horizons on the door. It isn't open to the public and is probably used for some other purpose now.

I disagree about a new Horizons attraction being a bad idea. It would seem new to new visitors while providing nostalgia for older visitors. Basically a win/win. Future World needs something actually based on the future again anyways. Imagineers don't hate the older stuff anyways. They're like anyone else and have nostalgia for the old rides.

DNS
09-07-2011, 01:53 PM
I love Intercot because it is so informative and gives me my Disney fix, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why comments and opinions get ripped so often. I have seen so many posts go downhill because of this. :(

akaDisneyDreamer
09-08-2011, 07:17 PM
I love Intercot because it is so informative and gives me my Disney fix, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why comments and opinions get ripped so often. I have seen so many posts go downhill because of this. :(

I'm wondering the same thing!

McLiberal8
09-08-2011, 07:22 PM

Not my intent by starting this thread, sorry if it got out of hand! I'm just always curious about how other 'Disney geeks' feel about the way 'The World' is!

I think the user that was using rather aggressive language has been banned.

Jared
09-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Outdated attractions? At Disney? Heck, you can probably count the number of up-to-date attractions at Epcot and the Studios on your two hands (if you're actually doing it, excuse the hyperbole).

In all seriousness, much of Future World is embarrassing at this point, especially Energy and Inagination. Really, how long are they going to keep up with this Captain EO "tribute?"

texas211
09-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Captain EO, I'm just creeped out by it. I like the Honey I shrunk better. It was fun, and reminded me of rides of my youth. Where EO made me glad i wasn't a lil boy in neverland.

The imagination idea is such a pure and fun concept. Wish they would do more.

Mousemates
09-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Captain EO, I'm just creeped out by it.

Me too.

akaDisneyDreamer
09-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Not my intent by starting this thread, sorry if it got out of hand! I'm just always curious about how other 'Disney geeks' feel about the way 'The World' is!

Hey, it wasn't your fault! This was a good thread. :) For the most part, I enjoyed reading other peoples ideas and at least most people out here are respectful of differing opinions.

texas211
09-16-2011, 08:39 PM

What did he get banned for? I was curious. It doesn't say.

johnO
09-16-2011, 08:53 PM
HSTA is pretty out dated. I know EO is there now but, if and when HSTA returnes, it would be nice to have an attraction in 'Real-D"

texas211
09-17-2011, 10:19 AM
HSTA is pretty out dated. I know EO is there now but, if and when HSTA returnes, it would be nice to have an attraction in 'Real-D"

My view of EO, is the same as it is for Stitch's great escape. Anything to get it out of there. I didn't like EO when it came out 20 years ago. Plus, how does it relate to the pavilions concept, and whimsical and inspirational connotations?

Put in a 2nd ride, bring back DreamFinder.

EpcotFan182
09-18-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm so conflicted over UoE because it's one of the few attractions that hasn't changed since I've started going to WDW, it makes me feel a little nostalgic :mickey:. But good points are raised in the fact that it does seem outdated, and kids today probably don't know who Billy Nye is.

Great Movie ride is another that comes to mind, but I also think that the movies it showcases are considered classics so it and hold it's own without needing updating.

KAT1811
09-18-2011, 02:20 PM
For the most part I agree with just about all of the attractions listed.

UOE - still one I really enjoy. I'm sure DS 2 1/2 will enjoy it this year (not that our 3 DDs didn't enjoy it but boys and dinosaurs . . .) I can't say that I would be disappointed to see the video portion reimagined.

CEO - I confess that I have never seen it. Used to pass by it but will have to check it out this year

JC - Classic and I like classic but I can see how it could use a little change. Maybe some live actors mixed in the ride scenes?

Sounds Dangerous - In all of my zillion trips to WDW I think I have stopped for this attraction once and haven't been back.

Indiana Jones - That was old a long, long time ago

Backlot - I too enjoyed the original version more. The canyon scene is getting a bit "corny" over and over again but it still took some newbies by surprise.

Treehouse - (I LOVE Swiss Family Robinson, one of my all time favorite movies) but . . . I think the treehouse could be reimagined to refect Tarzan and Jane and be a bit more fun. Again, maybe a live character or two?