PDA

View Full Version : Timeshare Store Question

VWL Mom
09-01-2011, 07:21 AM
We're looking at adding on and noticed some of the resales vary as much as $10 per point. Can you make an offer at a sensible price on a property other than what is listed?

MarkC
09-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes you can. Its just like buying a used car. There is usually some negotiation that goes on. It just depends on how willing the buyer is to move. Good luck.

I will also add that we purchased from the timeshare store about 5 years ago and it worked great.

Pooh Fan
09-01-2011, 01:29 PM
You can definately make an offer. Just don't go too low as there is some chance of Disney will step in an scoop up your deal if they feel the points are selling for too little!

logan115
09-12-2011, 08:38 AM
You can make an offer at any price you want, it's just a matter of having a seller accept. Someone else mentioned that sometimes a price is too low and DVC uses ROFR (Right of First Refusal) and buys back the points.

Which resort are you looking to add-on at ?

Chris

SD Price
09-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Just got notified that DVC waived ROFR on my offer and now we are waiting on DVC to complete their side of the documentation.

When making an offer, there are four areas to consider:

Asking price, generally given as price-per-point
Closing costs
Maintenance fees due
Remaining point balance (this apparently figures in to the value of the contract perceived by DVC, e.g. high point balance = higher value contract)

The real estate folks did not properly communicate my initial offer properly to the seller. I then reconsidered and modified my offer raising my offer to their asking price keeping the P-p-P up, but requested assistance on the closing costs. DVC waived the ROFR within one week.