PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good thing to be the sponsor of an attraction at WDW?

B.O.B
08-31-2011, 05:38 PM
On our last trip I was telling my teenage daughter how Space Mountain was sponsored by RCA with a dog putting its' head in the speaker looking for his master as you go by the animatronic displays after the ride. I can't remember all of the sponsors from attractions in the past but some come to mind as being either out of business or not a major player in their industry. Eastern Airline, Kodak, WEDWAY(not even sure if that was a company other than Disney), Florida Orange Growers . It used to seem that companies sponsoring WDW attractions were the best of the best. I never really liked the sponsorship of attractions it seemed silly to watch a commercial about Kodak before going into Honey I shrunk the Audience. I do miss the Orange Bird near the Tiki room. It said something in a high pitched voice every now and then maybe "Orange Bird!"(?)

BrerGnat
08-31-2011, 06:52 PM
A lot of the sponsors have gone bye bye (the companies themselves). However, I don't think it has anything to do with their decision to sponsor an attraction. Or, it has everything to do with it.

If you think about it, sponsoring a Disney theme park attraction is a huge form of advertising. Companies either advertise to increase their prominence or to maintain their domination of a market. If the advertising fails, the company usually follows, eventually.

jonahbear2006
09-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I wonder what it costs to sponsor a ride.